Collection - Help Us Do Something Special For St. Frank (2 Viewers)

don't know if anyone has read the obit yet, but there is a message from Frankie in it. I think it is VERY appropriate for you guys (and girls):

This was e-mailed to family and friends on the day of his heart transplant, June 7, 2001.

"Thank you, thank you and a million times thank all for all you did for me and my family during this time. Every large and small thing was accepted graciously and remembered fondly. I will see you soon.

Love, Frank C. Webb."

don't know if anyone has read the obit yet, but there is a message from Frankie in it. I think it is VERY appropriate for you guys (and girls):

This was e-mailed to family and friends on the day of his heart transplant, June 7, 2001.

"Thank you, thank you and a million times thank all for all you did for me and my family during this time. Every large and small thing was accepted graciously and remembered fondly. I will see you soon.

Love, Frank C. Webb."

Liz,

First, welcome. Thanks for coming here and giving us an update.

I saw this in the obit, and I thought it was neat to include that message from Frank.

If you look around here, you'll see that many of us admired Frank for the way he didn't complain or ask, "Why me?" through all of his health battles. But I guess y'all knew that about him already too.

Oh, and does it sound like you are pregnant? Congrats, but I have bad news for you - "baby brain" doesn't end at birth. It gets worse! :ezbill:

Just kidding. Congrats and hang in there.

For everyone else, here's some info from the American Heart Association on organ donation (hearts specifically, of course)...

Organ Donation

Every 16 minutes a new name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list. Each year thousands of Americans could benefit from a heart transplant. But only 2,154 heart transplants were done in the United States in 2002.

These figures show the serious shortage of donated hearts and the small percentage of donated hearts that are actually transplanted.

What should families know about organ donation?

The public may be misinformed about some aspects of the organ donation issue. Here are the facts:

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4697

LC I know we could get it autographed. I can get you in touch with the Player Personnel guy who hooked us up on the painting.

PM me if you're interested in getting it signed.

LC I know we could get it autographed. I can get you in touch with the Player Personnel guy who hooked us up on the painting.

PM me if you're interested in getting it signed.

Just a question....are we sure we want to "clutter" the jersey with autographs, or should we just leave it purely for St. Frank's name? Perhaps a helmet or football signed to go with the jersey would be better? Just thinking aloud....

Just a question....are we sure we want to "clutter" the jersey with autographs, or should we just leave it purely for St. Frank's name? Perhaps a helmet or football signed to go with the jersey would be better? Just thinking aloud....

You read my mind. I just sent a PM to keepoursaints saying the exact same thing.

The ST FRANK jersey should be about him. If we can get a ball or some 8x10s autographed for Harris as a Christmas gift or whatever, that would be kick *** and a great bonus for the kid.

You read my mind. I just sent a PM to keepoursaints saying the exact same thing.

The ST FRANK jersey should be about him. If we can get a ball or some 8x10s autographed for Harris as a Christmas gift or whatever, that would be kick *** and a great bonus for the kid.

PMed ya back.... I agree about getting something other than the jersey autographed.

you guys are great

Thanks guys....not so much for agreeing with me (although every woman loves it when a man says "you're right" :hihi: ) , but for not making me feel trite for mentioning it....I was really afraid I'd come across as being trivial. LC put it best...the jersey is about St. Frank. Thanks for expressing this better than I did!

LC - this is SUCH a great idea! Even though I didn't really know St. Frank, I do remember some of his posts. I can tell by the St. Frank threads that everyone thought alot of him and that he was a very special person. Wish I would've gotten to know him, too.

I'd like to make a donation, but I don't have a Paypal account. Is there any other way to send something?

LS

Brad, Let me know if ours made it through. I also defer to Jayden's ideas.

Sorry I'm late getting in here, but this is a very cool idea. Thanks to everyone who is working on it. My donation is in and I'm good with whatever you folks decide is appropriate.

I am thinking of wearing a black armband to the game Sunday. I wish I had time to do something more representative but that is all I can think of right now.

Any other ideas?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom