Collection - Help Us Do Something Special For St. Frank (1 Viewer)

I don't know a thing about LA law but over here in MS, a Mother would not be responsible for an adult son's bills. Perhaps one of our LA lawyers could comment on this to help them out?

Well, that would be great. Perhaps Frank since he was a LA Lawyer made her aware of that.

Whenever he had been in the hospital previously, She was not able to take much time off. Took vacation days, and had to go back to work.

I hope you all don't mind me putting in a little input. I spoke to Loose Cannon by pm about this, but we both thought I should post it here too. It is hard for me to not go into detail though. Please forgive me.

I just wanted to say that I think what you started with the Jersey is great. It's very perfect in fact. (as I said above)

The half size jersey for Harris sounds awesome too.

Frank's ex and her new husband are well off, and that was one worry that Frank did not have. He knew Harris will be well taken care of. He was very close to his father, and he will have a very hard time dealing with it, but he will be taken care of very well.

Frank's Dad and step Mom are well off too.

Frank lived with his Mother in Monroe.

She is going to be living alone now and that is so sad. Well, she will have Chico the chiwawa. She would come home every day to see frank on her 30 minute lunch break.

I think this is going to be hard financially on Frank's Mom. She will be left with some of Frank's bills, many of his prescription bills.

I just wanted to let you know the situation. :)

Thanks for everything you have done.

Tracy

Thanks for giving your input. You'll have a better idea of how to handle all of this, so we're grateful for your input.

If Frank's mother doesn't get stuck with paying off his bills, I think something (a jersey) for his son would be great to show that others people respected his dad for how he handled his illness, and life in general. I think that would be great for a kid that age.

After that, if someone else doesn't need the money, maybe a donation to an organ donation group.

Well, that would be great. Perhaps Frank since he was a LA Lawyer made her aware of that.

Whenever he had been in the hospital previously, She was not able to take much time off. Took vacation days, and had to go back to work.

Jimeverett? Any other LA lawyer, can you answer this for them?

Jimeverett? Any other LA lawyer, can you answer this for them?

As long as she does not accept his succession, she will not be responsible for his bills. So, if he didn't have any real assets then she can just not accept it and she will not owe any of his bills. What would likely happen is she, or someone else will be appointed excutor of his estate and they will pay the bills with funds received from the sale of the assets of the estate. If any money is left over, it would go to his son, if nothing is left then the creditors are out of luck. This of course assumes he did not die with a Will.

However, the problem is if she personally went into debt on his behalf or if she co-signed any documents she will be responsible for that. And, of course, she will have funeral bills to pay for.

Edit: One clarification, this is not my area of law, and it might be that you no longer have to accept of reject the succession. But, either way, she would not be personally responsible for any of his personal bills.

FWIW I fully support getting the framed St. Frank jersey, the jersey for his son and giving whatever is left over to his mother to help her with some of the bills. Even if they are not bills related to Frank, she deserves some help at this point in her life.

>>FWIW I fully support getting the framed St. Frank jersey, the jersey for his son and giving whatever is left over to his mother to help her with some of the bills. Even if they are not bills related to Frank, she deserves some help at this point in her life.

I agree. Jayden is closest to the situation and that seems to be what she recommends. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to contribute.

TPS

I was thinking the same thing re: the Harris sized jersey in addition to the framed one. If that's what Frank wanted to get his son for Christmas, it would be great to make that still happen for Frank. Anything after those two costs goes to his mom. that's my vote anyway, but I will differ to what Jayden suggests, being close to the situation.

I was thinking the same thing re: the Harris sized jersey in addition to the framed one. If that's what Frank wanted to get his son for Christmas, it would be great to make that still happen for Frank. Anything after those two costs goes to his mom. that's my vote anyway, but I will differ to what Jayden suggests, being close to the situation.

Add me to this list that thinks this way.

Yielding only to Jayden's input, I <s>second</s> third this.

Why do you all want to differ from Jayden's advice? :shrug: I'm going to have to defer to you all that you know what you're doing. :hihi:

TPS

Add me to the list that agrees with this....a keepsake for Harris, a jersey for him to wear now in accordance with what his dad wanted, and whatever is left for Frank's mom.

Thanks LC, for putting this together. As I have said many times, the bonds formed here transcend our affection for a pro football team. On a personal note, I look back at emails Drew and I received 9 years ago when I was in the hospital in not-so-great condition, ready to deliver a premature baby....those emails from the old SEIGARS group that preceded Iron Era are still among my prized possessions. I read them recently and posted the list of SEIGARS, many of whom are still on sr.com today....this illustrates how long we have all "been together", even though some of us (me!) had to take unwanted breaks due to unlimited internet access, LOL. On a larger scale, I look at things like 9/11, Katrina, Rita, losses of life....things that go beyond the Saints and that truly show what kind of "family" we have here as we pull together during tough times.

LC, I'll paypal you something a little later. Again, thanks for thinking of this.

Kellye

I agree with the plan.

I'm thinking of getting Harris a replica customized jersey. They are only $100. Then give the rest to Frank's mom.

I have 782.50 in the PayPal account. There are 90 in uncleared E-checks. That's about $870.

I'm guessing the framing will be between 150 and 250 (I'm going to have it done nicely... real glass, wood, etc). The jersey is $100. As of now Frank's mother should get at least $500, and donations are still coming in.

Thanx for setting this up LC. Whatever you guys finally end up deciding to do with the money will be fine with me.

Why do you all want to differ from Jayden's advice? :shrug: I'm going to have to defer to you all that you know what you're doing. :hihi:

TPS

I just wanted to say that I think what you started with the Jersey is great. It's very perfect in fact. (as I said above)

The half size jersey for Harris sounds awesome too....

I don't think we are

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom