College Baseball 2013 (1 Viewer)

Friday, Tulane played well and it just so happens Jones was sick and not in the dugout.
Saturday, Jones comes back and Tulane has 4 hits and 4 errors en route to a 16-0 run rule shut out at home.
I've heard the players hate Jones and have been seen joking around and laughing in the dug out while losing.
Gibbs will probably go on Tuesday against LSU but Gibbs may have thrown his arm off last year.

Even the kids dont like Jones it doesnt matter. Play for your teammates.

Those rumors about the players not liking Jones have been around for a while.
Not sure I believe them really. Many of his assistants are former players.

I wonder if the hitting problems Tulane has have anything to do with the departure of James Jurries to UNO?

Cajuns had just an absolute nightmare weekend from the bullpen. Not one of our guys left the game clean. Just one of those weekends where it all hits. The staff had been solid all year until this weekend minus a couple of games. Got to get back up on the horse for tomorrow nights game vs SELA.

Cajuns had just an absolute nightmare weekend from the bullpen. Not one of our guys left the game clean. Just one of those weekends where it all hits. The staff had been solid all year until this weekend minus a couple of games. Got to get back up on the horse for tomorrow nights game vs SELA.

Saw that on the scoreboards.

Happens sometimes in baseball. Tulane got swept by Notre dame. LSU lost to BYU. Tulane lost to an awful UNO team. etc....

LSU vs. Tulane tonight at Turchin. Would be nice for Tulane to get a win but I am extremely doubtful.
Too damn cold. maybe that will slow down the LSU bats, lol. Hope this is the last cold spell though.

Tulane mercy ruled again. Pathetic. Off to Rice tomorrow for a thurs, fri, sat series.
LSU is flat good. Should sweep missouri at their place. How about Alex Bregman? Wow.
Nice bounce back for ULL after a frustrating weekend too bad it was against SELA

I hope Bregman can keep it going. He's the best all-round player on that team right now. As much as LSU baseball fans loved Austin Nola, Bregman is making us forget all about him. Overall, this year's team is more balanced than last year's. Last year Rhymes was off the hook but the rest of the lineup was inconsistent. This year there's good production from almost the entire lineup. Even the batters that are getting out a lot are hitting it well, just right at people. I like this team a lot but I'm leery about what happened in 2010. We looked great in the first part of the season and then collapsed. I think this team is better than that but I'm still cautious.

I hope Bregman can keep it going. He's the best all-round player on that team right now. As much as LSU baseball fans loved Austin Nola, Bregman is making us forget all about him. Overall, this year's team is more balanced than last year's. Last year Rhymes was off the hook but the rest of the lineup was inconsistent. This year there's good production from almost the entire lineup. Even the batters that are getting out a lot are hitting it well, just right at people. I like this team a lot but I'm leery about what happened in 2010. We looked great in the first part of the season and then collapsed. I think this team is better than that but I'm still cautious.
You're absolutely right. Jacoby Jones seems to be the week link in this years lineup. But even HE would be considered a very solid addition to most teams. Rhymes is having a 'down' year, but its still a heck of a year! Bergman, Ibadan, and especially Katz are simply on FIRE! I'm wondering if having Blake Dean on the coaching staff is what is making the difference? This is a very exciting team!

LSU and SELA with sweeps this weekend. Mizzou not near LSU's level at this point. SELA takes a series with close games over a solid Nicholls team, IMO

Cajuns drop 2/3. Friday game we had the lead in the 8th, 9th and 10th but WKU pegged us back each time before winning in 11. Extremely frustrating as we played well enough to win the weekend for the most part.

Tulane plays 3 tight games at Rice but only get the Sunday game. Much better play but still frustrating I'm sure for Wave fans. I think this week is very winnable for Tulane. Friday night at USM is going to be tough vs Andrew Pierce but many teams work USM on Saturday/Sunday.

Katz and Bregman are either 1st or 2nd (or both!) in the SEC in 8 categories:
Batting Avg.
Hits
RBIs
HRs
Stolen bases
Slugging %
OBP
Total Bases

Paul and his Tigers seem to be hitting their stride this weekend against Kentucky. I think the nation was expecting the Wildcats (with their excellent pitching) to give LSU a much tougher series than we have seen the first two games.
Now with LSU in possession of the best win/loss record in the country, coupled with North Carolina dropping a few, I would think that if LSU completes the sweep today they would likely move into the #1 spot.

At least, that's the way I see it. :ezbill:

LSU is beating up on #7 UK, again, in game 3 of the series. LSU up 9-1 in the top of the 5th inning.

Another big win for LSU as they take 2 out of 3 against #10 Arkansas, at Arkansas. LSU fought hard defensively and made some spectacular plays. Nola had a great complete game outing on Friday. Eades struggled a bit on Saturday and it took a fantastic effort by our bullpen to get the win today, after Glenn was injured on a ball smoked right back to him in the fourth, in which he actually made a spectacular play to get the runner out at home.

In Sundays rubber match, Arkansas took a 1-0 lead in the first. LSU took a 3-1 lead in the third, but Arkansas answer quickly. The game remained tied until the top of the 10th inning, when the tigers scored 2 runs. Cotton finished the Razorbacks off in the bottom of the 10th and the Tigers took the series.

I think it is very healthy for this team to. have won the way they did, in a close game, having to fight to the end. Having to face this kind of adversity and still being able to get the win should prove beneficial going forward.

Tulane with another one of those weekends. Gm 1 goes 13 innings and lose by 1, Gm 2 goes 12 innings and you win, then lose by 2 on Sunday. Thats pretty frustrating if you're a fan but I guess the season has been like that. Wave did beat my Cajuns on Tuesday after we spotted them 5 runs in the first. Ended up holding us off late in the 8th and 9th when we had the tying run in scoring position both times. Good thing for Tulane is that CUSA is so wide open that if you somehow get hot, I could see you winning the conference tournament. No one in there is this great team that cant be touched. Houston has the top RPI in the conference at 60

Cajuns get 2 out of 3 on the road in conference for the first time. Robichaux threw a CG, 14 K, 2 Hit, 0 ER gem on Friday. Lost Saturday and we needed a 10 hit/9 run 9th inning to pull off a comeback on Sunday.

SELA has lost 2 wkd series back to back now but they're still clinging to 1st place. Fortunately, for them, the best team in the conference in most people's minds, Central Arkansas, spotted the SLC a 3 game lead off the bat this season getting swept by Oral Roberts, so that helps.

Not much to say about LSU that hasnt been said. This team has no real Sunday guy, but it doesnt really matter. Just keep pounding away.

Its starting to shape up like 2 or 3 teams for the state get in. Looked better early on, but its going to take some solid closing out or tournament wins to do better. Cajuns may be able to lock up an at large if they finish in the top 3 of the conference regular season due to our RPI. SELA is going to need to do well in the tournament same as every year and I've mentioned Tulane earlier

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom