College Baseball 2013 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
That time again for college baseball.

Less than a week till the start.

Tulane Official Athletic Site - Baseball

Ragin Cajuns Athletics - 2013 Baseball Schedule

Baseball - Schedule - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

http://www.lionsports.net/schedule.aspx?path=baseball&

Edit:
Early Predictions

LSU- The Tigers start against Maryland at home and actually go on the road somewhere (to Lafayette) before 20 games have passed to start the season. Their non coference schedule is once again pretty soft but that is the norm. Plus LSU plays in the SEC so they get plenty benefit of the doubt playing at Arkansas, at A&M, at MSU with home series against USC, Ole Miss and UK.
LSU will win 40 games and host a regional. I pick them second place in the west behind Arkansas but watch out for MSU they could be third if MSU takes the series against them.

Tulane- Tulane starts with a tourney against Sam Houston, Missouri State and Texas state. All quality opponents and I think 2 of the 3 were regional teams last year. They also have a tough road going to Rice, USM, Alabama and UCF. This team is senior heavy though and could make a regional for the first time in 4 years. This team really needs to win its home series and STAY HEALTHY. Homer pick is 39 wins, 2nd place in CUSA and a regional bid.

ULL-They play their first 13 games at home including one against the Tigers before they go to USM for an away series. They also travel to FIU, MTSU and WKU for series. Tulane also comes to play there for the first time in a looong time. Tulane should really schedule them more often as should LSU.
ULL won't go to a regional this year but I will be cheering for them every weekedn except against Tulane or LSU.

SELA- They play at Ole Miss, at Bama, at LSU and at Tulane three times plus a 3 game set at ORU which is usually a good baseball school. I think this is the year Jay Artigues squad breaks through and gets in a regional. Unfortunately i think they will play up the road in Tiger Stadium.

Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

1. Arkansas

2. North Carolina

3. Vanderbilt

4. LSU

5. UCLA

6. Oregon

7. South Carolina

8. Kentucky

9. Stanford

10. Oregon State

11. NC State

12. San Diego

13. Mississippi State

14. Oklahoma

15. TCU

16. Arizona State

17. Georgia Tech

18. Arizona

19. Florida State

20. Rice

21. Texas

22. Louisville

23. Cal State Fullerton

24. Florida

25. Ole Miss

26. Texas A&M

27. Clemson

28. Miami (Fla.)

29. Georgia

30. UC Irvine

31. Missouri State

32. Wichita State

33. New Mexico

34. Kent State

35. Virginia

36. Southern Miss

37. East Carolina

38. Coastal Carolina

39. Dallas Baptist

40. Pepperdine

BaseballAmerica.com: College: College Weekend Preview: Feb. 22-24

Scouts' View: Tulane Pitching

Expect Turchin Stadium to be crawling with scouts this weekend, and not just because Notre Dame is in town with its pair of potential top-two-rounds picks, Eric Jagielo and Dan Slania. Scouts were lukewarm on Tulane's talent heading into the season, but their eyes were opened last weekend in San Marcos, Texas, where the Green Wave's pitching sparkled in a tournament against Texas State, Missouri State and Sam Houston State.

"Tulane has some arms and velocity this year—they are the talk of the scouting world in Louisiana and Texas right now," a National League area scout said.

Pretty solid start to this season for many of the state teams. Certainly, Tulane will bounce back after a tough early schedule. Cajuns vs Tigers this Tuesday at the Tigue. Game sold out pretty quickly. It'll be on ESPN3 outside the Lafayette area or KLAF if you are in the area.

Cajuns are surprising to a lot of people. We turned over the roster adding 17 newcomers (basically half the roster) because a shakeup was needed after a poor last season. This team just has a swagger and attitude to them so far and its refreshing. Hitting is ahead of the pitching surprisingly, but the arms will catch up.

Cajuns 7-1
Tigers 6-1
SELA 5-2
NW State 5-2
Nicholls 5-2
ULM 4-3
McNeese 3-3
Wave 3-4
Tech 2-5

Pretty solid start to this season for many of the state teams. Certainly, Tulane will bounce back after a tough early schedule. Cajuns vs Tigers this Tuesday at the Tigue. Game sold out pretty quickly. It'll be on ESPN3 outside the Lafayette area or KLAF if you are in the area.

Cajuns are surprising to a lot of people. We turned over the roster adding 17 newcomers (basically half the roster) because a shakeup was needed after a poor last season. This team just has a swagger and attitude to them so far and its refreshing. Hitting is ahead of the pitching surprisingly, but the arms will catch up.

Cajuns 7-1
Tigers 6-1
SELA 5-2
NW State 5-2
Nicholls 5-2
ULM 4-3
McNeese 3-3
Wave 3-4
Tech 2-5

:covri:

Not looking good for Tulane but the other state schools I like have started off pretty well.

LSU going to ULL tomorrow. I will be watching. Thanks for the ESPN3 note.

Tulane needs to win both mid week games against Nicholls and UNO and show up against Bama this week. The lasts eries against ND was a serious let down. Tulane hitting has been horrendous.

Sorry varanook, they werent able to work out ESPN3. There were some issues that made it to where they couldnt stream the feed. Hardware issues. Its either local tv, radio or on RaginCajuns.com there's a video stream but I believe its paid.

Time sure flies. One of the little boys I coached in soccer and youth baseball pitched against lsu tonite. I saw him pitch last year against lsu at Alex box and he shut them down. Not so tonite, my little friend got roughed up a bit. And he is not little anymore. I sure am proud of him. I wish lsu had offered him.

LSU's bats have come alive these past two games. Maybe their lakadaisical performance against BYU. openedtheir eyes?

I'll definitely give it to LSU. They showed up big time, especially Cody Glenn. He was fantastic. Cajuns gave up far too many free bases and when that happened the Tiger bats were there to send them home. Bad game from our perspective in all phases, but we'll just have to bounce back tonight. Very good game from the Tigers.

Tulane in a serious slump. Lost their 4th straight to Nicholl's this evening. Errors, poor hitting and general lack of toughness killing this team.
There a couple injuries but those 2 players cant be that impactful. This is a senior team playing terribly.
Glad LSU, SELA and ULL playing well though.

SELA gets a no-no

SELA LHP Jordan Hymel gets the school's first no-hitter since 1979! Lions take the sweep over TX Southern today in Hammond 9-0. Lions will face Ole Miss this week in a mid-week 2 game series in Oxford. Lions are now 8-2 overall.

Tulane with a very nice bounceback this weekend taking the first two at Bama this weekend before dropping Sunday.

Cajuns sweep a perennial tourney team in Sacred Heart (nevermind that they were playing their first baseball this year and play in a weak conference.) And actually, LSU now faces them midweek.

Speaking of the Tigers, they finish another flawless week winning their 3 this weekend as expected. Nicholls gave them a game, like they did to the Cajuns midweek, but Tiger pitching (see Cody Glenn) was stifling.

As mentioned, nice no-no for SELA. I dont care who its against, its still an accomplishment.

Also, McNeese takes 2/3 vs Tech

How it stands:
LSU 10-1
Cajuns 11-2
SELA 8-2
Nicholls 7-5
McNeese 6-5
ULM 6-5
NW State 6-6
Tulane 6-6
Southern 5-5
Grambling 3-8
Tech 3-8
UNO 0-12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom