College Crazy off season thread. (1 Viewer)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
He's going to have Frank Wilson on his staff apparently. Kendall Briles and Charlie Strong as OC and DC (rumored)
That would be a solid staff and probably the only way that Frank doesn't end up back in BR after this season.

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
Lane Kiffin sounds about right. Joey Freshwater pulling into Oxford and the SEC West on Sunday.
Hey your an Ole Miss guy. I would be happy too. But dont expect Alabama west or LSU north. Yall will be better but he will screw it up. Good luck

SillyRyno

Hotty Toddy!
Reaction score
Hey your an Ole Miss guy. I would be happy too. But dont expect Alabama west or LSU north. Yall will be better but he will screw it up. Good luck
Only idiot Rebel fans expect to be on the level of Alabama or LSU. The State of Mississippi completely effed itself by having two SEC schools. We have the smallest population of any SEC state yet have TWO teams. Couple that with the fact that a lot of Mississippi's better players get poached by LSU, Bama, or Auburn, it's a miracle that Ole Miss and State are ever competitive.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Only idiot Rebel fans expect to be on the level of Alabama or LSU. The State of Mississippi completely effed itself by having two SEC schools. We have the smallest population of any SEC state yet have TWO teams. Couple that with the fact that a lot of Mississippi's better players get poached by LSU, Bama, or Auburn, it's a miracle that Ole Miss and State are ever competitive.
I think Kiffen to Ole Miss is a really good move. Kiffin will have the chance to come in and prove himself as a coach in the SEC. If he does well, then he'll be able to get a better coaching job in the SEC. If he doesn't, well, it's Ole Miss. I'm not sure I can think of a school that has been a better stepping stone for coaches. :hihi:

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Dunno how good Ole Miss will be, but they definitely got better by hiring him and the SEC West overall just got tougher

You could easily be a pretty damned good football team and up in 4th place in our division

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Watch Ole Miss beat bamer next year.

good hire for the Rebels. If nothing else, it should be fun.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because he's ACTUALLY a good coach. People think that he wrecks programs, but that's just simply not the case when you do a deep dive of his coaching history.

Hard to say he wrecked Oakland when their previous 2 seasons before Kiffin they went 4-12 and 2-14 and hadn't had a winning record in 7 years.
But he's got such a punchable face.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
How does Lane Kiffen continue to get head coaching jobs? He literally threw games as the Raiders Head Coach, got fired for cause (lost the law suit he filed for back pay). Been a failure everyehre in the college ranks as a head coach. He is a good offensive Co-Ordinator but that is his limit.

SillyRyno

Hotty Toddy!
Reaction score
Been a failure everyehre in the college ranks as a head coach. He is a good offensive Co-Ordinator but that is his limit.
Not true.

Tennessee was not laid waste when he left there. He got them two top 10 recruiting classes and had a winning record as HC there. Derek Dooley is who came in and wrecked it all, going 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7.

At FAU he inherited a program that was 67-113 historically and whose previous 3 seasons were 3-9, 3-9, and 3-9, and has now taken them to 2 conference championship games and a conference title in the 3 seasons he has been there.

MLU

Reaction score
Not true.

Tennessee was not laid waste when he left there. He got them two top 10 recruiting classes and had a winning record as HC there. Derek Dooley is who came in and wrecked it all, going 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7.

At FAU he inherited a program that was 67-113 historically and whose previous 3 seasons were 3-9, 3-9, and 3-9, and has now taken them to 2 conference championship games and a conference title in the 3 seasons he has been there.
Lol, sure man. Anyone who thinks Kiffen got two top 10 recruiting classes and not two of the best recruiters in the history of college football got those classes is not willing to be objective. Good luck to Ole Miss. Lol

MLU

Reaction score
"Absolutely," Brady said when asked if his future is with LSU. "I think it's the culture of here of whatever we can do for everybody else to have success, whatever we can do to win, that's what we do. You have a group of players, you have a staff that they're going to find anything to do to go 1-0 and I think that's pretty special."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom