College Crazy off season thread. (1 Viewer)

I'm really surprised by the Ole Miss firing. They had a lot of freshmen so what did they expect. They was at the top of the SEC in rushing. Looked like a lot of promise there. They gashed our Tigers on the ground. Good luck to them finding better.

Luke went 6-6, then 5-7, then 4-8. He was a horrible coach and had a dinosaur in Rich Rod running the offense. I guess it's cool to be at the top of the SEC in rushing, but this isn't 1972 and all those rushing yards got us 4-8. Luke was a disaster. This is no bullshirt: fully half of the 4-star players that Luke signed while at Ole Miss either already transferred or were about to enter the transfer portal.

Good luck to finding better? C'mon. Luke had never even been a freaking coordinator before. He was hired because some Good Ole Boy donors bullied the Chancellor (since fired) and the AD (since resigned) to hire him so they wouldn't lose their precious access.

If FSU doesn't hire Mike Norvell from Memphis, look for the Rebels to land him.

I heard that Luke was fired while visiting a recruit.

****ing Ole Miss...

Fake News. I'm not sure which outlet reported that, but it was false. He had met with that recruit earlier in the day.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Tulane coach Willie Fritz has spoken with Arkansas about its coaching job, a source told CBS Sports on Tuesday. Fritz is also expected to discuss the opportunity at Missouri this week. The Tigers' opening is considered the coach's "dream job," according to the same source.

Fritz, 59, is 22-27 in four seasons with the Green Wave. He led Tulane to a 6-6 record in 2019 after taking it to a Cure Bowl last season, the program's second bowl game in the last 17 years.

Known for his flexibility in terms of adopting schemes to fit his talent, Fritz is respected in the coaching community for his ability to succeed at every level. In a 23-year college career, Fritz is 176-96. Overall, he has stops in high school, junior college, Division II, FCS and FBS.

Luke went 6-6, then 5-7, then 4-8. He was a horrible coach and had a dinosaur in Rich Rod running the offense. I guess it's cool to be at the top of the SEC in rushing, but this isn't 1972 and all those rushing yards got us 4-8. Luke was a disaster. This is no bullshirt: fully half of the 4-star players that Luke signed while at Ole Miss either already transferred or were about to enter the transfer portal.

Good luck to finding better? C'mon. Luke had never even been a freaking coordinator before. He was hired because some Good Ole Boy donors bullied the Chancellor (since fired) and the AD (since resigned) to hire him so they wouldn't lose their precious access.

If FSU doesn't hire Mike Norvell from Memphis, look for the Rebels to land him.
From the inside to an Ole miss fan maybe ge wasnt good. From an outsiders prospective he was put into a bad situation. Sanctions from the Hugh Freeze era. Yall do have some good recruits. But hey, hire who you want. Ole miss will never win a National Championship. So good luck

Yeah, that offense isn't why Ole Miss was 4-8. That's all on the defense. I'm curious to see who replaces him, though. Ole Miss isn't an easy place to win.

Can't find the tweet but yes he was canned while at a recruits house.
I guess that someone needs to come out with an app for coaches so that they can get instant notifications of when they've been canned no matter where they may be when it happens. :jpshakehead:

Yeah, that offense isn't why Ole Miss was 4-8. That's all on the defense. I'm curious to see who replaces him, though. Ole Miss isn't an easy place to win.

Disagree on that. Rich Rod became obsessed with Plumlee, the one who had the big runs against LSU. The problem with Plumlee is that he can’t throw for crap against anyone and against teams who are actually trying he can’t run either.

Rich Rod ditched Matt Corral at QB (who was averaging like 300 yards a game passing) in favor of Plumlee and it backfired and killed the offense.

In our 3 one possession SEC losses, here’s what Plumlee did:

Texas A&M (24-17 final): 38 yards rushing, 31 yards passing.

Auburn (20-15 final): 92 yards rushing, 86 yards passing

MSU (21-20 final): 34 yards rushing, 121 passing.

You can’t expect to win too many one possession games when your QB only averages 134 total yards.

When your defense holds four SEC teams to under 25 points, they aren’t the problem.

Holding Arkansas, Vandy, MSU and Auburn to 20 points or less isnt really something to brag about. Hell, Vandy averages 16 points a game for the season and Arkansas isn't much better at 21. Ole Miss allowed 416 yards and 26 points a game while the offense gained 446 yards and 26 points. You're going to lose more games with that defense than you will that offense.

If Ole Miss hires Kiffin they better hide the cheerleaders and his boss's daughter

How does Lane Kiffin keep getting coaching jobs?

Because he's ACTUALLY a good coach. People think that he wrecks programs, but that's just simply not the case when you do a deep dive of his coaching history.

Hard to say he wrecked Oakland when their previous 2 seasons before Kiffin they went 4-12 and 2-14 and hadn't had a winning record in 7 years.

Tennessee was not laid waste when he left there. He got them two top 10 recruiting classes and had a winning record as HC there. Derek Dooley is who came in and wrecked it all, going 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7.

USC wrecked itself before he even got there and they received their 2 year bowl ban and loss of 30 scholarships the summer before his first season, yet despite all that he still had a winning record, going 8-5, 10-2, and 3-2. His three recruiting classes while there were ranked 4th, 1st, and 8th nationally.

At FAU he inherited a program that was 67-113 historically and whose previous 3 seasons were 3-9, 3-9, and 3-9, and has now taken them to 2 conference championship games in the 3 seasons he has been there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom