college football bowls ? (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
can someone list the top 5 college bowls in order of importance?

i'm asking cause # 2 USC just lost !!!

Last edited:
# 5 lsu was supposedly gonna play in the rose bowl, now # 2 USC just lost to UCLA and I thought I heard the announcers say USC will now play in the rose bowl instead.

Yeah, Tim Brando just said no Rose Bowl for LSU. Assuming they win, will Florida get a championship bid and USC vs Michigan in Rose?

Yeah, Tim Brando just said no Rose Bowl for LSU. Assuming they win, will Florida get a championship bid and USC vs Michigan in Rose?

Which really makes no sense. USC lost to two unranked teams. Lame.

Ok, I'm gonna straighten you guys out. Those announcers are half right, but at the same time idiots... Scenarios for LSU based on who goes to NC

NC: Mich vs tOSU
Rose: LSU vs USC
Sugar: Florida/Ark vs ND

2nd Scenario

NC: Florida vs tOSU
Rose: USC vs Mich
Sugar: LSU vs ND

Announcers are idiots saying we are now autimatically out. If Florida doesn't go to NC because of the BCS then they go to Sugar, Mich goes to title game leaving us a spot in the Rose to play USC. Announcers = Idiots

i guess my main question is; did LSU get screwed because USC lost or do we get a better bowl game?

numbskull: is that the order of the top 3? I know NC is one; but is rose 2 and sugar 3?

If you think going to Sugar and play ND is getting getting screwed then yes. I think what the announcers were thinking was...

If Florida lose, Ark goes to Sugar to Play NC.
If Florida wins and they go to Sugar or NC depending on BCS
If Florida goes to NC, they leave us a spot to go to Sugar vs. ND
Mich will either go to NC or Rose
Then they think since Mich vs USC they think LSU will be frozen out.

But they aren't thinking that Mich will go to NC if Florida loses and will open a spot for LSU in Rose.

Key to Knowing whats going on = Don't listen to idiot announcers.

Last edited:
i guess my main question is; did LSU get screwed because USC lost or do we get a better bowl game?

If Michigan goes to the championship game, nothing changes. LSU goes to the Rose (only they face USC this time).

If Florida goes, then they face someone to be determined (but probably Notre Dame) in the Sugar.

If Arkansas upsets Florida tonight, then LSU probably goes to the Capital One Bowl and then, in this case, gets screwed.

Both (Rose and Sugar) are BCS bowls, neither are the championship game host so I guess that makes them equal (though I want to see an LSU-USC match).

ok, i'm in idiot mode; someone please list in order the top 5 bowls and make this thread simple for me???

ok, i'm in idiot mode; someone please list in order the top 5 bowls and make this thread simple for me???

1) The national title game host (the Fiesta this year)

2-5) 4 way tie between the other BCS bowls: Sugar, Rose, Orange, Fiesta (non championship version)

Remember, the Fiesta Bowl location is being used twice this year. On January 1, it is a typical BCS bowl between two teams to be determined. On January 8, it is the site of the championship game.

Last edited:
Fine Jack

LSU will be in one of these Top 3 bowls which i listed in order

National Championship: OSU vs at large
Rose Bowl: USC (Pac Ten winner) vs at Large
Sugar Bowl: Florida(SEC winner)/At Large vs at Notre Dame-At Large Lock

USC and OSU are slotted in. I listed them in Bold. I also listed ND in at Sugar Bowl as I think they are also a lock

NC will be either have Mich or Florida face them determined by BCS

After NC is decided, Rose has the first pick in who will play Pac 10 winner USC. If Florida goes to NC then Rose will pick USC vs Mich in Rose. If Mich goes to NC, Rose will pick LSU to play in Rose.

Sugar has the next At Large selections. If SEC champ is playing in NC they have 2 at large selections to make. Sugar will select ND and LSU to play in Sugar

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that

Last edited:
all right numbskull and jpcdolphan; i'm up to speed; thanks for making it idiot proof for me. I follow NFL more than college, that's why I wasn't up to speed.

Fine Jack

LSU will be in one of these Top 3 bowls which i listed in order

National Championship: OSU vs at large
Rose Bowl: USC (Pac Ten winner) vs at Large
Sugar Bowl: Florida(SEC winner)/At Large vs at Notre Dame-At Large Lock

USC and OSU are slotted in. I listed them in Bold. I also listed ND in at Sugar Bowl as I think they are also a lock

NC will be either have Mich or Florida face them determined by BCS

After NC is decided, Rose has the first pick in who will play Pac 10 winner USC. If Florida goes to NC then Rose will pick USC vs Mich in Rose. If Mich goes to NC, Rose will pick LSU to play in Rose.

Sugar has the next At Large selections. If SEC champ is playing in NC they have 2 at large selections to make. Sugar will select ND and LSU to play in Sugar

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that

Thank you ever so much!!

This post has simplified and clarified things a whole bunch!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I think I get it now........:ezbill:

Will the Rose neccessarily pick Michigan if Florida goes to the NC? I don't think that's set in stone at all, especially since LSU bought up so many tickets already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom