College Hoops Question (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Why is it that UCLA never is hated by the fans Duke is?

To me, I always wonder why fans don't have that tendeny to hate or root afainst the Bruins the way others do for Duke.

UCLA has done far more than Duke in championships and such.

Duke can't touch UCLA in college hoops greatness, yet why is it that nobody hates UCLA the way people hate Duke?

Because Duke's success has been much more recent. UCLA has been down by their standards for awhile until Howland got there.

I love Duke, so I guess I can't answer your question.

If I had to guess it would be because their is an abundance of UNC fans. Just about all of my freinds who like college basketball like UNC and have since we were small. Thats what got me liking Duke when I was little, and I followed them ever since then. I only know 1 other Duke fan personally.

I love Duke, so I guess I can't answer your question.

If I had to guess it would be because their is an abundance of UNC fans. Just about all of my freinds who like college basketball like UNC and have since we were small. Thats what got me liking Duke when I was little, and I followed them ever since then. I only know 1 other Duke fan personally.

So do you just go against the flow with everything? LSU, UNC. etc...

So do you just go against the flow with everything? LSU, UNC. etc...

No, not really.

I mean I dont hate the pats like most do now. I dont really hate the Yanks. I didnt hate the Lakers, but I really dont care for the Spurs.

We were young, maybe 9 or 10 and they were all into UNC and I started to pull against them just to make it more fun. Then my liking for Duke took place. Been watching them ever since then.

As for LSU, when I was younger I rooted for them. By the time I got more involved with Saints football, I began to not care what LSU did. I didnt care if they would win or lose, I was never that attached to them. After a number of incounter with LSU fans telling me that I had to like them, and have those same fans bad mouth the Saints, I decided to pull against LSU. Its gotten worse and worse over the years since LSU is more successful and their are more idiot fans who don't know a thing about LSU but insist I be a fan of them. BTW I know its not all fans, and most here are loyal fans, not bashing them at all. Honestly I probably know more than the average LSU fan does about their own team. Which doesnt really say much.

I pulled against LSU in the NC game but when they won it wasnt a big deal and didnt upset me. I was happy that my dad had a good time at the game. He doesnt hold me not liking LSU to my throat like most "LSU" fans do. He sees how a lot of them act.

Last edited:
I hate Duke because of Laettner and Redick.

And because their lacrosse team hates black women.

I'm an NC State fan (yeah yeah, now the third leg of the triangle, shoot me already) and I don't like how d00k basically cheapened the NCSU-unSUcKS basketball rivalry. Other'n that, I just don't really care for em one way or the other. They're terrible in football and I have several friends that have graduated from there, none of whom grew the elitist head that ironically enough, most UNC-CH grads I know did.

And hush, it's very well-known that we couldn't hit the river from the Natchez last weekend. I've heard more than enough from the Walmart Nation UNC fans who've never so much as set foot in NC, let alone Chapel Hill, let alone their campus.

Most of the Duke fans I've met have been pretty arrogant. UCLA fans may be the same, but I haven't met them yet. Here's a college hoops question: is anyone going to watch Auburn vs LSU tonight (Battle of the Crippled)?

Most of the Duke fans I've met have been pretty arrogant. UCLA fans may be the same, but I haven't met them yet. Here's a college hoops question: is anyone going to watch Auburn vs LSU tonight (Battle of the Crippled)?

UCLA fans (I more-or-less claim them as my team in the Pac-10) aren't as arrogant as, say, USC fans. I don't care who doesn't like the truth, but it's not mockingly called University of Spoiled Children for nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom