College Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Well BAMA, Clemson and Notre Dame are locks. That 4th spot doe. This should be interesting.

I think it goes to OU, but tOSU always seems to have a lot of stroke. This is one of those year's you really would like to see an 8 team bracket. I think tOSU and Georgia are playing well enough RIGHT NOW to beat anyone. It's obvious, but Bama is the odds on favorite, but they showed they are "human" yesterday against Georgia. I was a bit surprised how ineffective Tua was....he had been something special all year.

Just go to 8 teams and get it as close to perfect as possible. It would make for some incredible games/match-ups.

The NCAA needs to rework the conference makeup and eliminate the ranking system to identify who should get in, and we all know this will never happen.... so an 8 team playoff want happen unless they reduce the 12 game season which means alot less $$$ for everyone.

Seems like everyone is pushing UGA. There's really good case to be made that the Bulldogs are better than both OU and tOSU. I think based on performance, sos and them really playing better than Bama until the 4th quarter, UGA has a solid case in spite of not winning the SEC title. I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot and Bama lost to UGA, there's no doubt Bama still gets in. Of course both OU and tOSU deserve consideration, but, I think UGA would beat both head to head. It's a tough call for the decision makers. We'll see soon!

Tbh, all that said, it's likely a long shot that UGA gets the 4 spot.

OU is the 4th team. Can't say it's too surprising. They avenged their only loss and 11-1 with a conference title vs the UGA resume. Can't complain too much. UGA interestingly enough was slotted in the 5 spot ahead of tOSU. Unless it's a fluke game, I fully expect UGA to crush em.

Bama should beat the pants off of OU. The Sooner defense is terrible. I see a 45-24 type game.

Clemson should beat ND. Prolly will be a decent game.

Bama vs Clemson looks all but inevitable imo.

If they really wanted the 4 best teams, independent Notre Dame would not be included. Georgia , OU, and OSU are all better than ND. ND has only one win of consequence against an overrated Michigan team.

Agreed regarding ND. IMO, they should require all teams in the FCS to join a conference if they want to be considered for the playoffs. Basically, they're getting a pass by not participating in a title game and essentially steals a spot from other conferences trying to get their best team in the dance. ND's sos is the worst of the top teams iirc.

Georgia was playing some good ball at the end of the year.....but at 2 losses without a league title, I understand the OU pick. Alabama was in either way as they were undefeated going into the game. Only a Georgia blow out could prevent them from getting in....but I think they were in regardless. A sad but true situation.

No one wanted to see Bama/UGA a 3rd time. Let someone else have a shot...

Agreed regarding ND. IMO, they should require all teams in the FCS to join a conference if they want to be considered for the playoffs. Basically, they're getting a pass by not participating in a title game and essentially steals a spot from other conferences trying to get their best team in the dance. ND's sos is the worst of the top teams iirc.

I second your agreement. I got a strong feeling the Clemson/ND game is going to be name the score in Clemson's favor

I second your agreement. I got a strong feeling the Clemson/ND game is going to be name the score in Clemson's favor
ND better hope so, or future team may have a tough time cracking the top 4. Due to down years by a few programs, the Irish schedule was pretty weak & they did not have to play a quality team in a championship game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom