College Playoffs (1 Viewer)

This is about money earned from TV viewership. Notre Dame is the college equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys. As a result of their widespread support, they get more recognition than their on-field performance warrants. Don't look into it any further than that.

I do think that College Football is better when Notre Dame is relevant, but that's the traditionalist in me...

It’ll never happen. Notre Dame is allowed because of the brand and more importantly, the TV contract. They have an exclusive national deal with NBC. No other school could get that.

Well you know maybe 10 years ago ten years ago that might have been the case but today? I'm not so sure.

I think that if a big program like Ohio State or Texas went independent they would easily get a contract with a network or something. Heck, Texas now has it's own network. All it would take would be for one dominant program to do it and then others would follow suit.

Well you know maybe 10 years ago ten years ago that might have been the case but today? I'm not so sure.

I think that if a big program like Ohio State or Texas went independent they would easily get a contract with a network or something. Heck, Texas now has it's own network. All it would take would be for one dominant program to do it and then others would follow suit.
But Notre Dame has an exclusive contract with a major network.

But Notre Dame has an exclusive contract with a major network.

Yeah I get it. But you don't think that if say, USC or Bama on the day after the playoff title game said: "we are going to leave the SEC and become an independent. We will be looking at getting a TV deal to show our games." The networks would line up to show those games. That's all I am saying. Yeah the smaller schools would have some trouble, but the big ones could do it. I'm just saying.......

Yeah I get it. But you don't think that if say, USC or Bama on the day after the playoff title game said: "we are going to leave the SEC and become an independent. We will be looking at getting a TV deal to show our games." The networks would line up to show those games. That's all I am saying. Yeah the smaller schools would have some trouble, but the big ones could do it. I'm just saying.......
Another network wouldn’t take that type of deal. CBS has the SEC. ABC already has college football. NBC has Notre Dame. FOX just started showing college football. No other network would take it.

I support expanding the playoffs. I understand the argument against it but I know it will improve the game and the fan experience. Understanding that there's risk to the players, I say open up some form of compensation for getting into he playoffs.
Adding games ought to come with some financial benefit to the players imo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom