College Transfer Portal going crazy! (1 Viewer)

Huge get. This guy has 5 years experience (redshirted 2017) and about 41 starts/43 games played if he started every game in 2021. He started 10/12 games in 2018, 12/12 in 2019, 6/6 in 2020 and ETSU had 13 games this season and from what I can tell he started all of them.

"I just consider myself an offensive lineman," Shorts told 247Sports. "I can play center, guard or tackle. It doesn't really matter to me. I just like playing and I am willing to play wherever the team needs me to play."

I absolutely love what Coach Kelly is doing this season. He's mitigating the losses of de-commits/transfers/draft by loading up with experienced transfers.

Add another trenchman, this time one coached by CB Coach Robert Steeples in HS. He was also 1st Team All SEC Freshman.

Last edited:
LSU now with 8 spots left to fill in this class if my count is correct...

If the season started today...

QB Brennan
RB Emory
WR Boutte
WR Jenkins
WR Lacey
LT Frazier
LG Shorts
C Turner
RG Martinez
RT Wire
TE Turner

DE Gaye
DT Smith
DT Roy
DE Ojulari
WLB Baskerville
MLB Penn
NB Brooks
CB Garner
SS Burns
FS Foucha
CB Ward

No inside knowledge here, obviously. Some big time guesses, especially since we have yet to hear from Ali Gaye.

So when does the college free agency period end?

They can transfer at any time, but there is a cut off date for the season, and iirc I think its late spring (seems like may something) so if you transfer AFTER that date, you cant play until the following season.

I heard it discussed on talk radio semi-recently (after the Kelly hire) but I don't recall the exact date.

If the season started today...

QB Brennan
RB Emory
WR Boutte
WR Jenkins
WR Lacey
LT Frazier
LG Shorts
C Turner
RG Martinez
RT Wire
TE Turner

DE Gaye
DT Smith
DT Roy
DE Ojulari
WLB Baskerville
MLB Penn
NB Brooks
CB Garner
SS Burns
FS Foucha
CB Ward

No inside knowledge here, obviously. Some big time guesses, especially since we have yet to hear from Ali Gaye.

That's not a bad lineup at all with some serious experience at key positions especially on offense. Brennan and Boutte could be Heisman candidates.

It was good to see a couple guys (Ward/Jenkins) decide to come back and not enter the draft. IIRC, it was when guys started to return when LSU turned it around in the past leading up to 2007, 2011 and 2019.

Just realized we lost McGlothern. That sucks, thought he looked like the next superstar DB.

Just realized we lost McGlothern. That sucks, thought he looked like the next superstar DB.
I have heard from multiple places that they let him go after multiple tardies to workouts, etc. Sometimes you got to make an example and it's even better when you do it with a superstar. It sends a message to everyone.

I have heard from multiple places that they let him go after multiple tardies to workouts, etc. Sometimes you got to make an example and it's even better when you do it with a superstar. It sends a message to everyone.
Wow, that really sucks. I'm not sure they valued him as much as I do but that is a big one to make an example out of.

Then again, if he is as good as I think he's going to be a top 10 pick next year and is one and done anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom