Colorado sports store out of business after not stocking Nike products (1 Viewer)

Now maybe he can go into baking and deny service to people there too
Didn’t we already conclude that grouping and profiling people based on certain single characteristics (ie physical traits, religious beliefs) was a step in the wrong direction?

He also cancelled a player autograph session because the player kneeled during the anthem controversy. I think he is trying to turn himself into a martyr of sorts by getting this story out there, but it instead makes him look like and extremely foolish businessman instead.

Sounds to me like his business was fading, and he had little to lose. He knew he was on shaky ground, and taking a big risk. I hope he learned from his experience and relocates to a more prosperous area. Who knows, he may have been old and wanting to retire anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: You
This is a very controversial subject. As a business man and Economist myself, I find decisions like this mind boggling. Hate to see the loyal staff losing their jobs because their boss/owner is a stubborn decision maker, that decides with his heart - rather than his head. I could have told him this would have happened. Not a smart move. We live in a democracy and a free world with free speach. The owner could have "protested in another way", rather than run his business to the ground - causing staff and their families to lose income. Mind boggling stupid

To quote Drew Brees: "Concentrate on what you can control"........

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/13/colorado-store-closing-colin-kaepernick-protest-nike

Lots of companies take political stances. One point though, the staff doesn't own the jobs, the owner of the company does. If he hadn't made the decision to take a lot of risk and open up the store in the first place, the jobs wouldn't have existed.

I strongly suspect that his loss of sales to on-line stores had as much, if not more, to do with his declining business. This is a trend affecting many brick and mortar facilities across the USA.

That said, I am sure that not carrying Nike was a major nail in his company's coffin.

I am so glad that I do not care about what another person does, doesn’t do, what they believe in, how they live their life, etc. Literally it’s a gift

He stopped carrying Nike as a hail mary to save an already failing store.
The pass fell short and he’s out of business which is what was going to happen anyway.

People are overthinking this. I lived in Colorado Springs for a long time and went to that store in the chapel hills mall many times. in fact I believe I was in that store when I found out Brees got signed by the saints in 2006.

Anyways, the store barely got any traffic anyway for YEARS before the Kaepernick thing. In fact that mall, the Chapel Hills mall off Academy Blvd, has been dying for what feels like over a decade. Frankly I don’t know Prime Time Sports survived this long anyway.

No need to get weird and political. That’s really what was going on. Not selling Nike products was just the final straw that broke the camel’s back.

It could've been a desperate marketing stunt as well, thinking he could draw some business and support from the Nike boycotters.

It's not like ig happened overnight. The employees should have seen it coming and moved on before the end.

People are overthinking this. I lived in Colorado Springs for a long time and went to that store in the chapel hills mall many times. in fact I believe I was in that store when I found out Brees got signed by the saints in 2006.

Anyways, the store barely got any traffic anyway for YEARS before the Kaepernick thing. In fact that mall, the Chapel Hills mall off Academy Blvd, has been dying for what feels like over a decade. Frankly I don’t know Prime Time Sports survived this long anyway.

No need to get weird and political. That’s really what was going on. Not selling Nike products was just the final straw that broke the camel’s back.

Shopping malls, in general, are taking a big hit from online shoppers. Several prominent stores (recently GAP & Banana Republic) in our Acadiana Mall have left. You may be right, NIKE may have just been the tipping point.

Edit: On a side note: For about 20 years, I boycotted Nike products because they put the swoosh on Texas Stadium. My disdain for that team runs that deep, I'm afraid.

No, this sporting goods store went out because of Nike, the other 11,286 brick and mortar sporting good stores that failed the past few years were. Because they vmcouldnt compete with the internet, particularly Amazon.

Lots of companies take political stances. One point though, the staff doesn't own the jobs, the owner of the company does. If he hadn't made the decision to take a lot of risk and open up the store in the first place, the jobs wouldn't have existed.
Spoken like a true Mississippian.
They should be happy they even HAD a job.
Amiright?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom