Colston and Horn (1 Viewer)

Usmfan84

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So is it true these guys are gonna miss Sunday? I checked out the 9ers forums and they all think they will. Colston is now doubtful.

um, what do they know? Horn is fine and Colston is still nursing his ankle, but we got Devery "the burner" Henderson and Terrance "please not when its on the line" Copper for Brees to throw the ball to, there isnt much of a silver lining when it comes to these injury except the fact we will run the ball more.

Saints | Horn expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:27:27 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (groin) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | W. Smith will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:23:36 -0800

New Orleans Saints DL Will Smith (knee) did not practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although it is not looking like he will play. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Colston will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:22:43 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Marques Colston (ankle) was limited in practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although he is leaning towards playing. From observing him in practice, and how he has felt this week, he feels he is further along than he was last week. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | F. Thomas expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:47 -0800

New Orleans Saints CB Fred Thomas (thumb) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Scott expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:41 -0800

New Orleans Saints FS Bryan Scott (foot) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Stecker expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:14:01 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Aaron Stecker (ankle) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Sucks Will Smith isn't going to be playing. We need all our D lineman this week.

I'm actually more concerned about Will Smith not playing. I knew he went off the field at one point with a leg injury in the Atlanta game, but he came back on and finished the game if I'm not mistaken. I didn't know he's questionable for the SF game until now. He's one of the mainstays of our D.

if colston is still bothered by that ankle id just sit him out. we will surely need him next week at dallas. if horns out it puts a lot of pressure on henderon and copper. we'll need to step the noise up for sure to help out the boys on sunday.

Looks like it's "Big Willie Style" come Sunday with Wille Whitehead filing in for Will Smith. Now, while most may feel this is a huge drop off, I'm encouraged that we still have Whitehead.. Just by virtue of him still being on the team given Coach Payton's tendency to lose anyone not "with" the program, Willie's roster spot let's me know my own faith in his play is well founded.

As for our WR corps, no MC and no Joe could mean more trouble than some think. I still would like to see Michael Lewis stepping up to the plate and given a chance. Every time I've seen ML play at WR he has given his all and caught everything thrown his way! He works hard at his routes and takes his roll of 4th WR very seriously. I know if he were really , really good , he'd be starting however, take into consideration his injury and he just may have been a starter! Either way you look at it, if he gets his shot, don't be surprised to see him come through for us in a Big-Time way!
The FANS really need to be into this game Sunday! I hope the news on television and in the papers let's the folks know they MUST give our TEAM a rousing , thunderous supporting effort!

!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the talk this past week saying Colston could of played at Atlanta and now he is questionable?????

Horn once played the day after a great white shark bit his leg off. The shark took the leg, Joe took the leg back and beat the shark to death with it. He packed the leg on ice, played all 4 quarters on one leg, and had the leg surgically reattached (unconfirmed, he may have just sew it on himself), right after the game. That day he torched San Francisco for 165 yards and 2TDs. I think he'll play.

This is everybody as of today:
Injuries

Player Status Injury
M. Colston WR Questionable Ankle
M. Simoneau LB Questionable Hand
J. Horn WR Questionable Groin
W. Smith DE Questionable Knee
A. Stecker RB Questionable Ankle
F. Thomas CB Probable Thumb
B. Scott S Probable Foot

Looks like it's "Big Willie Style" come Sunday with Wille Whitehead filing in for Will Smith. Now, while most may feel this is a huge drop off, I'm encouraged that we still have Whitehead..

Big Willie has had some huge games filling in at DE. I hope this Sunday proves to be one of those.

Marques Colston: (Ankle) Remains Questionable

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Friday, December 1, 2006
Update: Colston (sprained left ankle) did not participate in the team portion of practice Thursday and remains questionable for Sunday's game, the Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: Colston, who missed last week's game at Atlanta, said he could have practiced if he wanted to push it, but he is trying to keep the ankle rested in the hopes of playing Sunday. Colston is likely to be a game-time decision this weekend.

Updated on Friday, Dec 1, 2006 12:49 pm EST

All the talk this past week saying Colston could of played at Atlanta and now he is questionable?????

The ole 'high ankle sprain.' He probably could play this week and probably could have played last week, but not as well and he'd be hurt and playing at a lower level for longer. Let him sit if you can get away with it and let his ankle get healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom