Colston - AWESOME game! (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Anyone else see the next Jerry Rice playing for the saints right now? I am just amazed at how good this guy plays. This kid has the full package and it appears that a defense just can't stop him. If the saints had another threat like horn on the field today Colston would have killed Pitt.

Shawn

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I thought he faded a bit late in the game. Seemed like one pass on the last drive went right through his hands.

He also looked completely exhausted and beat up. Looked like he was in the 12th round of a boxing match.

Shawn

SR is my life!
Reaction score
He is not the next Jerry Rice
How do you know? I'm not one for jumping on a player's bandwagon too early, but he's starting to make people look silly out there. I'm willing to say that it's possible, and you certainly can't make a single convincing argument that it's absolutely not true.

lsu31always

Reaction score
How do you know? I'm not one for jumping on a player's bandwagon too early, but he's starting to make people look silly out there. I'm willing to say that it's possible, and you certainly can't make a single convincing argument that it's absolutely not true.
I don't need to make an arguement. Jerry Rice is the greatest reciever of all time. to say Colston will become that is ludacris. Make me an arguement that he will become the next Jerry Rice.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Colston has already surpassed Rice as the greatest WR of all time.

Shawn

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I don't need to make an arguement. Jerry Rice is the greatest reciever of all time. to say Colston will become that is ludacris. Make me an arguement that he will become the next Jerry Rice.
You do need to make the argument. The fact that Jerry is the best ever doesn't mean a thing. There was a best ever before Jerry--and had Randy Moss not been a complete nut job, and if he had the work ethic or a Rice or Colston, he would be the best reciever ever hands down.

You can't flip it back on me, just because you can't back up your one-line proclamations.

No it's not "ludicrous."

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
MC is nowhere near 'the next Jerry Rice'. They are very different styles of receivers.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jerry Rice NEVER had a rookie season like this(I believe) so who knows? Maybe Marques will be more dominate than Rice? He sure looks like a man amoung boys right now. Who has been able to stop him? He seems to be getting better each week.

Urban Legend

Reaction score
Look at what Colston has achieved thus far in his brief tenure in the league. He's been a great and very complete WR in all aspects from hands to route running, and he's even made some good blocks on runs. He looks like a keeper and a big time player. jmo

St.Gonzo

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Colston as good as Rice.... lets look at the numbers.

Rice's rookie season:

Rec Yards Y/R TD
49 927 18.9 3

Colston so far: (9 games)
Rec Yards Y/R TD
54 869 16.1 7

Rice must of had an awful QB in 85.

/sarcasm off

lsu31always

Reaction score
he is on pace 96 catches, 1537 yards, and 12 Tds.
To catch Rice he would need
16 years in Recs
16 years in TDs
15 years in Rec Yards.

AZ WhoDAT

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Was Jerry Rice getting double teamed as a rookie?

..............no

This kids is something special.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Ok....here's one.....Incredible SEPARATION from defenders, just like Jerry Rice....Incredible hands and can't seem to drop ANYTHING!....JUST LIKE JERRY RICE......longer strides when running, but the same deceptive speed when running in the open....just like Jerry Rice!

OK.....now it's your turn!.......make me an argument why HIS GAME DOESN'T REMINDS YOU OF J Rice!!

I'm all ears!

domedog316

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
hahahah.....I love this thread.

and if you base it on statistics thru 9 games......Colston isn't doing too shabby. I don't want to jinx Colston though.....

lets put it this way.....he can be the Saints Jerry Rice type player.......how's that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woohoosaint Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Marques Colston, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Glenn Dorsey headline Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame 2021 induction class Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 225
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 390
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 252
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15