Colston best Wr in the league right now? (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
i say he is, not saying best in the NFL all together but based on this year and 9weeks in he's playing like the best WR in the NFL and hes just gonna keep getting better anyone agree?:worthy:

He has my vote for best...I can't think of many who I'd rather have right now.
He looks like a man amongst boys out there.

:)

"Best" is tough to call, nobody's had a clear lead since Jerry Rice was in his prime....

But, even assuming all salary cap issues were the same, I can't think of a WR I'd trade for him right now. Not Steve Smith, not Torry Holt, not Chad Johnson, not Roy Williams.

With all due respect to the great Steve Smith and the overrated Keyshawn Johnson in Carolina, we now have the best WR tandem in the league, and if Henderson continues to perform like yesterday, clearly the best 3-WR set in the league, along with a QB who is calculating the mismatches even as he breaks the huddle.

With all due respect to the great Steve Smith and the overrated Keyshawn Johnson in Carolina, we now have the best WR tandem in the league, and if Henderson continues to perform like yesterday, clearly the best 3-WR set in the league, along with a QB who is calculating the mismatches even as he breaks the huddle.

I like our group too, but I think it is a bit premature to value us more than the Colts' or Cardinals' group of receivers.

And to the thread starter, no, he isnt the best WR in the NFL. He's playing well now and has been hot for the last 2 weeks and is a huge surprise given his draft status.. but that doesnt make him the top WR in the NFL.

Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt; these are the names we want to hear Colston's name mentioned with. He's not there yet. He has plenty of growing to do before being a finished product like those guys are.

If Colston is not in the pro bowl, it will be a crime. His production certainly warrants a slot in the pro bowl.

I like our group too, but I think it is a bit premature to value us more than the Colts' or Cardinals' group of receivers.

And to the thread starter, no, he isnt the best WR in the NFL. He's playing well now and has been hot for the last 2 weeks and is a huge surprise given his draft status.. but that doesnt make him the top WR in the NFL.

1. Quick, who's the Colts third WR? Also, I hear the QB can make some neat throws, and he and their top WR (who is amazing) have now been playing together for about nine years.

2. The Cardinals have some nice players, but their numbers have a little artificial inflation because they are ALWAYS behind, often by large margins, and throwing into a lot of prevent defenses.

But I take your point.

I don't see Colston as the top reciever. For one--and I can't explain this for the life of me--teams refuse to double cover him. A friend--who I think has a brilliant football mind--said that Tampa couldn't double Colston because they were still either spying Bush or loading up against Deuce. We both agreed that if they didn't do something, Colston would end up with 1,000 yards recieving in just that one game.

I think Colston will start getting a lot more attention this week.

I also think that in the last two weeks, Colston suddenly seems to have an entirely new level of confidence, and he starting to dominate on the field. He's making some crazy grabs out there. It's exciting stuff.

I don't see Colston as the top reciever. For one--and I can't explain this for the life of me--teams refuse to double cover him. A friend--who I think has a brilliant football mind--said that Tampa couldn't double Colston because they were still either spying Bush or loading up against Deuce. We both agreed that if they didn't do something, Colston would end up with 1,000 yards recieving in just that one game.

I think Colston will start getting a lot more attention this week.

I also think that in the last two weeks, Colston suddenly seems to have an entirely new level of confidence, and he starting to dominate on the field. He's making some crazy grabs out there. It's exciting stuff.

Tampa also tried to repeatedly bring pressure with corners for some reason. Blitzing Brees seemed a little on the insane side, there just seems to be no way a CB can get there before Brees gets the ball out of his hands.

I think the offense is driving some defenses to desperation in terms of gameplanning. The biggest success anyones had (the Ravens) has been with stacking the box and then dropping most everyone back into shallow, confusing coverages.

As for Colston, yeah. I doubt many more teams will blitz as much which means a lot more safety help over the top of Colston.

Ok then, does the fact that in October, 16 of his 18 catches went for a TD or first down make him a top WR? Or the fact that he's #3 in the league in receiving yards? What baout the fact that he leads the league in TD receptions? All that sounds like Top WR to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom