Colston favoring ankle? (1 Viewer)

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Is there any updates on this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8001/news

Nov 30 Colston, who did not participate in the team portion of practice on Wednesday, appeared to be favoring his sprained left ankle while running pass routes, the Times-Picayune reports.
Recommendation: Colston's status for this Sunday's game is unclear, though the fact that he is still favoring his sprained ankle is not a good sign. Unless he is able to return to practice on Thursday and Friday, he is likely to be a game-time decision.

Chris Cole

King Cole
Reaction score
I guess if someone is favoring there ankle, especially WR, that is as good as a no go. The way WR's make cut's, those ankles have to be in good shape. Colston's cutting ability and route running ability is what makes him what he is, with his ankle being bad about all he can do is run go route's.

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if he is favoring his bad ankle .... wouldnt that mean that his other ankle is worse???? ....he would be favoring his GOOD ankle......

I know what the reporter meant .... I just would have worded it differently...

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if he is favoring his bad ankle .... wouldnt that mean that his other ankle is worse???? ....he would be favoring his GOOD ankle......

I know what the reporter meant .... I just would have worded it differently...
If he's not ready to go, rest him. We'll need him later. Our other receivers will pick up the slack. Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?
If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum....I love when 1st round draft picks drop balls thrown by a Falcon QB... especially Vick!!!

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
If he's not ready to go, rest him. We'll need him later. Our other receivers will pick up the slack. Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?
LMAO. :spit:

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum....I love when 1st round draft picks drop balls thrown by a Falcon QB... especially Vick!!!
They only dropped four. And Vick threw eight erratic passes. For every drop, there was two bad throws. Why does no one mention this????? Is Vick infallible?

srcampbell

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum..

This is a popular belief and I still dont understand why. If the falcons had caught all of those dropped passes I still think they would have lost. We were the better team that day.

Last edited:

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum..

This is a popular belief and I still dont understand why. If the falcons had caught all of those dropped passes I still think they would have lost. We were the better team that day.
Thank you for stating the truth.
Our wins are always tainted with a "but", or an "if". Drives me nuts!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Atlanta isn't even in the top 10 in passes dropped this year. Its not the epidemic Vick homers would like you to believe.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
lets just be happy the Falcons are the ones with the turmoil this year. I don't care what the reason is that they suck this year. And I wouldn't complain if Vick happened to leave the NFC south because of all the drama being started.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
It sounds like Colston needs to get completely off the ankle. Trying to see how it feels and practicing part of the time seems to be keeping it from heaking.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I need to know if he's in or out so I can make the proper bench moves in my fantasy leagues.

MackeyM

atakapa refugee
Reaction score
Atlanta isn't even in the top 10 in passes dropped this year. Its not the epidemic Vick homers would like you to believe.
I completely agree.

One fact about last Sunday's game is that Vick was 9 for 24 passing and that there were only 3 clearly catchable dropped passes (ball hits receiver in the hands) and 2 more too close to call drops (good coverage). At best he would have been 13 for 24 if all 5 'drops' were caught, a whopping 54% completion rate.

As a comparison, Brees has had two games this year at 54%, and most of his games have been over 65% completion rates, with a few 70% or above.

Vick is just not an accurate passer, but anything that excuses his ineptitude, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woohoosaint Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Marques Colston, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Glenn Dorsey headline Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame 2021 induction class Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' C/G Cesar Ruiz 'feeling a lot better' after ankle injury, still to work at center, guard Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Michael Thomas high ankle injury now expected to keep him out for several weeks, per report SR News Page Articles 0
UPDATED: Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas reportedly expected to miss “several weeks” with high ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas suffers ankle injury against Buccaneers: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas has high ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas believes he can play through ankle injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jdpower13 Michael Thomas high-ankle injury, believes he can play through Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 60
Michael Thomas twists ankle late in win Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint_Ward Michael Thomas should be ok (ankle) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29