Colston favoring ankle? (1 Viewer)

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Is there any updates on this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8001/news

Nov 30 Colston, who did not participate in the team portion of practice on Wednesday, appeared to be favoring his sprained left ankle while running pass routes, the Times-Picayune reports.
Recommendation: Colston's status for this Sunday's game is unclear, though the fact that he is still favoring his sprained ankle is not a good sign. Unless he is able to return to practice on Thursday and Friday, he is likely to be a game-time decision.

I guess if someone is favoring there ankle, especially WR, that is as good as a no go. The way WR's make cut's, those ankles have to be in good shape. Colston's cutting ability and route running ability is what makes him what he is, with his ankle being bad about all he can do is run go route's.

if he is favoring his bad ankle .... wouldnt that mean that his other ankle is worse???? ....he would be favoring his GOOD ankle......

I know what the reporter meant .... I just would have worded it differently...

if he is favoring his bad ankle .... wouldnt that mean that his other ankle is worse???? ....he would be favoring his GOOD ankle......

I know what the reporter meant .... I just would have worded it differently...

If he's not ready to go, rest him. We'll need him later. Our other receivers will pick up the slack. Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?

Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?

If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum....I love when 1st round draft picks drop balls thrown by a Falcon QB... especially Vick!!!

If he's not ready to go, rest him. We'll need him later. Our other receivers will pick up the slack. Who couldn't catch a pass thrown by Drew, other than perhaps a 1st round WR draft pick from the Falcons?

LMAO. :spit:

If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum....I love when 1st round draft picks drop balls thrown by a Falcon QB... especially Vick!!!

They only dropped four. And Vick threw eight erratic passes. For every drop, there was two bad throws. Why does no one mention this????? Is Vick infallible?

If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum..

This is a popular belief and I still dont understand why. If the falcons had caught all of those dropped passes I still think they would have lost. We were the better team that day.

Last edited:
If they catch 1/2 the catchable passes thrown to them ..... that game would have been MUCH closer.... or even a L in our colum..

This is a popular belief and I still dont understand why. If the falcons had caught all of those dropped passes I still think they would have lost. We were the better team that day.

Thank you for stating the truth.
Our wins are always tainted with a "but", or an "if". Drives me nuts!

Atlanta isn't even in the top 10 in passes dropped this year. Its not the epidemic Vick homers would like you to believe.

lets just be happy the Falcons are the ones with the turmoil this year. I don't care what the reason is that they suck this year. And I wouldn't complain if Vick happened to leave the NFC south because of all the drama being started.

It sounds like Colston needs to get completely off the ankle. Trying to see how it feels and practicing part of the time seems to be keeping it from heaking.

I need to know if he's in or out so I can make the proper bench moves in my fantasy leagues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom