Colston-Henderson-Copper (2 Viewers)

i would like to see Colston take Horn's spot with Horn moving to the slot. That would be a mismatch all day. I'm sure Payton will find us another late round guy or someone in FA to fill the depth. Don't we still have Chase Lyman on the practice squad?

Brees seems to like to throw the deep ball when Henderson is in there. Must be the speed.

I'm getting the distinct impression that although these recievers are good, I think the Saints can plug almost anybody in this offense at WR, and with this qb will still make plays.

A great qb can make an average (on paper) recieving corps look great.

Brees seems to like to throw the deep ball when Henderson is in there. Must be the speed.

He does the same thing with Colston. Colston has a long pass completion every game.

Copper has shown he has good hands. His problem has been after the catch. His two fumbles were after he made the catch and the DB swatted the ball loose. Copper hasn't had too many outright drops. If he's learned to hold onto the ball after the catch suddenly the Saints are loaded with young talent at WR (Colston, Henderson, Copper).

I'm getting the distinct impression that although these recievers are good, I think the Saints can plug almost anybody in this offense at WR, and with this qb will still make plays.

I feel the same way. As long as our guys can run routes and catch the ball, they'll be productive in this offense with Brees leading it.

Colson is averaging 16 yards a catch and Henderson is 22 yards. I could be wrong, just seems that way to me.

Colston catches alot more passes. As good as Devery was today he did only catch 4 balls so his YPC is naturally gonna be higher then when Colston catches 10 balls with 6 of them being under 15 yards to pick up 1st downs.

Yeah, anybody except the Falcons receivers, ha ha

I am not sold on Henderson and copper at all. Henderson is a good #3 with his downfall being is consistency to get open and also catch the ball. Copper has the size but he needs help in all areas (catching, routes, blocking, etc). He is still raw and maybe some positivity will allow him to relax on the field as well as concentrate on other areas of his game.

I am not sold on Henderson and copper at all. Henderson is a good #3 with his downfall being is consistency to get open and also catch the ball. Copper has the size but he needs help in all areas (catching, routes, blocking, etc). He is still raw and maybe some positivity will allow him to relax on the field as well as concentrate on other areas of his game.

We have the most productive number 3 and 4 recievers I've seen in a long time. Thats all you can ask from them. Devery and Copper are playing as well as you can hope for from players that play their positions at their depth in the depth chart.

Horn's one handed catch to day was quite amazing. He still has it.

He still has it, but it just doesn't happen as much as it used to. Horn is getting up there in age and I just don't see him being the go-to guy like he used to. He is still a very reliable option, but he is more of a compliment rather than the #1 guy now. Colston is the #1 reciever, I think Joe can be a very good #2 option for us (and there is still no other reciever I trust more on 3rd down). The problem is Joe's cap number jumps almost 3 million next year. I think they rework his deal and he sticks around.

2006 1635000.00
2007 4450000.00
2008 4730000.00
2009 5010000.00
2010 5290000.00

Now onto the other WR's. We all have seen what Colston is capable of, there is no need to discuss him, but I have been very impressed with Devery Henderson. I was really hard on the draft pick, I thought it was well spent somewhere else, so I have been very critical of Devery because of that. However, he has had some very good games in the last 4 weeks (minus the Pitt game). He has had 3 100+ yard games and contributed 3 TD's. I really like the idea of him playing in the lineup with Colston as I think the complement each other. I think we have a very good 1-2 combo for some years.

Copper has impressed me, but he has also been a huge disapointment during some key plays. He definitly has the talent, however he has to start understanding his situation better. He needs to take a page out of Horn's playbook and just go to the ground sometimes instead of fighting for yardage and giving up a key turnover. He definitly has potential, he definitly has some talent but he has has his fair share of good and bad moments.

I have to say this, we have a very good group of WR's with Colston, Horn, Henderson, Copper. We definitly don't miss Stallworth and we have found a big play WR in Henderson.

We have the most productive number 3 and 4 recievers I've seen in a long time. Thats all you can ask from them. Devery and Copper are playing as well as you can hope for from players that play their positions at their depth in the depth chart.

I agree they are great #3 and #4 receivers but I read the post as being they would be good #2 and #3 receivers and that I do not agree with.

To create a little more controversy here, I think Henderson will have some value after this season and I would try to cash out on that with a trade for defense. Reason being is I don't think he is a top #2 receiver and he will eventually want to be a #2 or want too much money for a #3. Get the value for him now.

Copper will not have much value so you can't do anything with him but keep working with him. Depending on what you get for Henderson the saints can draft another speed WR or lure one in FA that may step in for Horn in 2008.

Copper's fumbling can be fixed. See Ahman Green and Tiki Barber. Or fumble again and watch Payton knock him out on the sideline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom