Colston, Horn sit out practice (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hope he is able to go....

...Obviously an ankle, with a receiver, is definitely a big deal," Colston said. "The thing is you definitely want to be back out there playing, but you want to be smart about it too, so we're not really jeopardizing the rest of the season. We're juggling with that. I'm just trying to gauge where I'm at. This is the first time I've been on it this week, running around. It was definitely a little stiff. I was just trying to work through some of the stiffness."

Colston said he probably would not know whether he would practice Thursday until shortly before the team takes the field.
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/APS/611292727&sectioncat=SPORTS

Horn is probably just resting his ankle to be ready for this weekend. I don't think he reinjured it or anything. Horn can play just as well without practicing i'd assume.

Sounding like another week without Colston. Hate that, he adds another dimension to our offense

While I agree Colston does boost our Off I would not risk it for a second if he is not close to 90% ready. At this pt in the season who is 100%, but against SF Horn, Henderson and Copper are more than sufficient for Brees and the Off to be effective. I think we need to give SF a heavy dose of Deuce and Bush this Sunday. We need Colston back for the rest of year as we compete for a Div title and playoff spot. Again, any doubts...hold him out and hope he is ready to roll at full speed for the Cowboys.

I thought Colston was ready to play last week, but SP didnt want to risk anything. He should be ok against SF I thought.

Well, I' d like to see him rest one more week and be 100% for the Cowboys in two weeks! We can win with Horn, Henderson, and Copper at wideout. We will need him against Dallas though for sure. I've said earlier in this forum that we need all hands on deck, but I think we can get by this week w/o Colston. I do need to know though if he's going to play or not so I can bench him in my fantasy league!

I'm willing to bet this was released for the 9ers more than anything else(Keep them guessing). Colston plays this weekend, just a feeling.

I have both on my fantasy team. If I lose this week, I'm out of the playoffs.

why not just line bush up as a receiver on every down. let duece do the running and pounding. bush has some of the best hands on the team. makes sense to me.

why not just line bush up as a receiver on every down. let duece do the running and pounding. bush has some of the best hands on the team. makes sense to me.

Prob. doesn't have all of the WR plays down just yet. We'd be limited in what we could run... in the games I've seen where RB was split out wide, we may have run a total of six different pass plays

Well, I' d like to see him rest one more week and be 100% for the Cowboys in two weeks! We can win with Horn, Henderson, and Copper at wideout. We will need him against Dallas though for sure. I've said earlier in this forum that we need all hands on deck, but I think we can get by this week w/o Colston. I do need to know though if he's going to play or not so I can bench him in my fantasy league!

I just miss my little buddy. I call him Mr. Automatic, because if we need the first on third and whatever, he delivers. God, that guy is awesome. I can't believe he's a rookie!!!

The fact that we signed a DE and did not bring upone of the WR of the practice squad I would think one or both will definately play

The fact that we signed a DE and did not bring upone of the WR of the practice squad I would think one or both will definately play

that makes sense... never thought about that... hope its both... as much as i kno we still have a good chance without colston, it just makes me feel way more comfortable when he's in the game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom