Colston League MVP? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is it just me are if Colston keeps this up he should get the league MVP?

Projected stats
96 Receptions
1544 Yds receiving
13 TDS

His stats have been improving every week

Last edited:
I wouldn't say MVP, if anyone on our team gets that it should be Brees! But definitely Rookie of the Year!

yeah i would take that... I am just so amazed on how he is lighting it up
He already has Rookie of the year in the bag

Last edited:
He would have to continue the rest of the season at the pace he's gone the last three games (27 catches 455 yards 3 TDs, which would give him over 1900 yards on 117 catches and 14 TDs).

Even if he finishes with 90+ catches, 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs, he wouldn't even be on the ballot. Marvin Harrison didn't even come close to winning MVP a few years ago when he had 143 catches for over 1700 yards and 11 TDs.

Guys, guys, guys! WRs NEVER win MVP awards. Even Jerry Rice never did it.

No Wide Receiver has ever won the MVP award, not even Jerry Rice. Colston won't change that this year. Brees should definitely get recognition though.

And I disagree with Jackavelli. I would place a large bet that Colston starts in the Pro Bowl.

No Wide Receiver has ever won the MVP award, not even Jerry Rice. Colston won't change that this year. Brees should definitely get recognition though.

And I disagree with Jackavelli. I would place a large bet that Colston starts in the Pro Bowl.

While the sentiment is probably true the statement is off a little.

Don Hutson was MVP in 1941 and 1942, but then again he lead the league in receiveing 8 out of his 11 season, and led the league in scoring for five straight seasons.

I'm laughing because if I'd read the title of this thread, say, during training camp- ("Hey, you know that receiver we drafted?" "Mike Hass?" "No, the one we got in the seventh round- from Hofstra." "Oh yeah- Colston, I think..." "Yeah, well, do you think he'll win MVP of the League this year??")- I would've thought you were off your medication... Just the fact that you can ask that question and not get laughed off the board says a lot about Colston's play- although he won't win MVP.

WR's traditionally don't win MVP...so its def. not likely.

Like everyone else said....no way! Wide receivers just dont win MVP. If Steve Smith couldnt win it after last season, then it will never happen.

Brees is the only Saint with a chance....and it is just that, a chance! Manning and LT have been pretty sick in their own right.

As for the Pro-Bowl, i thought the same about Colston missing out a few week ago, but now I cant see him missing. Of course he needs to keep up his production, and if he does he will get it.

Like everyone else said....no way! Wide receivers just dont win MVP. If Steve Smith couldnt win it after last season, then it will never happen.

Brees is the only Saint with a chance....and it is just that, a chance! Manning and LT have been pretty sick in their own right.

As for the Pro-Bowl, i thought the same about Colston missing out a few week ago, but now I cant see him missing. Of course he needs to keep up his production, and if he does he will get it.

Hines Ward won it last year. He's a WR. I do agree though, Brees, if anybody on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom