Colston (1 Viewer)

BIG DAWG

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
We all know that Colston get hurt every year and miss some games due to injury. Who you guys think can step up if Colston go down early on in the season. Im not sold on any of them. Lance to me is not a #1 option and the rest are sooo young and not really proven. Which Saint player could eventually take the #1 spot??:idunno:

Lance Moore, Nick Toon, Joe Morgan, Kenny Stills, Courtney Roby,Jarred Fayson, Chris Givens, Saalim Hakim, Andy Tanner, Brent Leonard, Preston Parker

We can always split JG out at WR and put Ben Watson in at TE. :scratch:

I believe he will make it through the season but if not Toon will take his spot if he has devolped nicely because they have the same body type fit for the outside

I think Colston has one of his best seasons. Graham and Watson will help open things up by drawing attention. Colston should get more one on one match ups and have an easier time getting open in zones.

He's only missed three games since 2009... and none of them were in 2012. If he does go down I expect Toon will take over his role, as I see him doing permanently a few years down the road.

Toon. it's in his blood. plus he's almost the same exact receiver as colston.

I agree....if anybody can step into Colstons role and make some of those same plays it would be Toon but if we are talking thus coming season than I'd say Graham would be the go to guy unless Toon proves capable to step up.

Saints look for "types" and Payton likes bug receivers....I believe Toon will be a player who carries on that tradition.

He's only missed more than two games in a season once in his career. That really isn't significant enough to warrant worrying about him missing games IMO

This thread seems to portray Colston as soft. He is one tough dude. Toon can't just step right in and replace Colston without missing a beat. Colston has been our best receiver for 7 years I don't even think Toon has played a down in the regular season yet.

Yeah, we're talking about a guy who broke his collarbone during a two minute drill and lined up for the next play. Definitely not soft.

This thread seems to portray Colston as soft. He is one tough dude. Toon can't just step right in and replace Colston without missing a beat. Colston has been our best receiver for 7 years I don't even think Toon has played a down in the regular season yet.

Agreed. The only comparison that you can make between Toon and Colston at this point is that they are both Saints WRs. Colston is MUCH bigger and has actually done it on the NFL football field. Having the expectations that Toon is the next Colston is setting the guy up for failure. I am just hoping that he can make the team and contribute.

If Colston goes down with an injury...Drew would just spread it out more. Graham is already the #1B in the offense. More balls would be cycle through Watson, Graham, Moore, Moore, and the RBs. Hopefully Stills and/or Toon can make the active roster this season.

Isn't it odd that if the Saints have no negative news, someone will create some, whether it's a false news report about Brees and a car accident or posters here doing one of our famous "just suppose" threads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom