Colston? (1 Viewer)

msu_cannon

Token White Guy
Reaction score
Probably already posted but I don't get to keep up with SR as much as i'd like to, but what's the status? is he going to be at full speed at practice this week?

Got this off my fantasy football site.

Marques Colston WR (NO) - was very close to being able to play last week and looks to have a very good shot to be ready in Week 13. He warmed up prior to the Week 12 game and just barely wasn't healthy enough to go full speed.

Injury reports are posted on NFL.com sometime today. One would suspect Colston will be listed as "probable" or "questionable".

That's too bad he's gonna play. I was getting used to Devery rackin up yards. But, I guess we have to trust the coaches decision on this one. /sarcasm

That's too bad he's gonna play. I was getting used to Devery rackin up yards. But, I guess we have to trust the coaches decision on this one. /sarcasm

I know your being sarcastic, but I think theres a difference people need to realize who would really think this way.

Devery will catch 3-4 passes for 150 yards.

Colston will catch 12 passes for 150 yards. Big difference.

Henderson has done a great job filling in though.

Devery is a big play guy but he doesn't bring the consistency to the offense that Colston does. No doubt, you need a Redzone TD or a 3rd down, Colstons the man right now. I'd like to see Henderson still get some work deep though as the 3rd WR. He's fast

Did my sarcasm throw everyone toward Devery? Didn't mean to.

We, AND Drew, needs Colston for that geaux to guy action.

Im sure as time goes on Devery will be incorporated into our offense more. BDM

He'll get more looks i'd assume as the 3rd WR simply because brees sees he can trust him to hold onto the ball (at least recently). But I wouldn't get my hopes up of seeing him catch anymore then 2-3 passes a game in that role. Even when he had those huge games as a starter, I think he only had 4 completions in those each.

Technically, hasn't Devery been playing the #3 even with Colston out? I think Copper has been lining up as the 2- or at least that was my impression. Devery is a great #3 if he can catch like he did last week- no drops right? And I think Drew seems to have an understanding of Devery's speed and likes to get him the ball. If he keeps playing the #3, I think he'll keep getting looks.

But, I'm simply talking about the #3. Colston is the man, and I'm stoked he's coming back. ROY is his if he can continue his pace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom