Colston? (1 Viewer)

Technically, hasn't Devery been playing the #3 even with Colston out? I think Copper has been lining up as the 2- or at least that was my impression. Devery is a great #3 if he can catch like he did last week- no drops right? And I think Drew seems to have an understanding of Devery's speed and likes to get him the ball. If he keeps playing the #3, I think he'll keep getting looks.

But, I'm simply talking about the #3. Colston is the man, and I'm stoked he's coming back. ROY is his if he can continue his pace.

Last week and maybe the week before he was the #2, Copper the #3. Copper was the #2 for the Pittsburgh game, I think the fumble cost him his starting spot though.

He'll get more looks i'd assume as the 3rd WR simply because brees sees he can trust him to hold onto the ball (at least recently). But I wouldn't get my hopes up of seeing him catch anymore then 2-3 passes a game in that role. Even when he had those huge games as a starter, I think he only had 4 completions in those each.

Yeah but we can use him with trick plays like we did the first time we played Atlanta. BDM

I think we can all agree that, as long as Devery is catching the ball, he is a very valuable threat to have in conjunction with Horn and Colston. A reliable Devery (and Bush's receiving threat) makes defending Brees a very very difficult prospect for ANY defense.

WhoDat!!

Technically, hasn't Devery been playing the #3 even with Colston out? I think Copper has been lining up as the 2- or at least that was my impression. Devery is a great #3 if he can catch like he did last week- no drops right? And I think Drew seems to have an understanding of Devery's speed and likes to get him the ball. If he keeps playing the #3, I think he'll keep getting looks.

Copper started the 2 games when Horn was out (at Tampa, at Pitt), with Devery in the 3rd WR role. Devery stepped in to Colston's spot when Colston was hurt vs Cincy, then started at Atl with Colston out. Judging from how those four games were handled, looks like Copper backs up Horn, Devery backs up Colston, and Devery is the third WR when both Horn and Colston are on the field. Just my take, I could be wrong, and as someone said, Copper's fumbles at Pitt and vs Cinc could have cost him playing time...

Last week and maybe the week before he was the #2, Copper the #3. Copper was the #2 for the Pittsburgh game, I think the fumble cost him his starting spot though.

Copper is the backup Z receiver. Devery is backup X receiver.

Thats why you had them rotating who was starting when horn or colston were out.

I don't really know the huge difference in the two except where they lineup (Z is the receiver opposite of the TE's side). I guess they have to stay in there certain position because of blocking assignments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom