Colston's ankle still improving (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think he'll have a big game in his home state.....

NEW ORLEANS - It is clear from the way Marques Colston walks to his locker that he is still in some pain. Colston, however, says his left ankle is feeling better every day. Although the injury has slowed his remarkable rookie season, the 6-4, 230-pound receiver tries not to dwell on what might have been.

"I think about it sometime, but I just try to deal with it as best as possible," said Colston, a seventh-round pick out of Hofstra who has 66 catches for 1,001 yards and seven TDs.

..."I came to a point where I was feeling so comfortable out there, it was kind of scaring myself," Colston said. "I don't want to say it was easy, but it was coming natural to me."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...c21,0,130062.story?coll=ny-football-headlines

Colston said:
"It came to a point where I was feeling so comfortable out there, it was kind of scaring myself," Colston said. "I don't want to say it was easy, but it was coming natural to me."

Amazing. Simply amazing. If he doesn't win ROY it will be a terrible oversight.

I dont see how he wouldnt win it except for the fact that the NFL may feel that they need to back up there 1st round stars (V.Young, R.Bush, M.Leinart) but a 7th round pick becoming an intrical part of an offense catching 66 balls (so far) for 1,001yrds (so far) and 7td's (so far) how could he not win it...he is gonna end the season with over 70 catches for maybe 1200yrds and 7-10td's and he is a 7th round pick....if he doesnt win it outright its needs to be split, just the LT and D.Brees for MVP should be split.

I agree. He's played well since returning, and if the offense can do a better job of picking up blitzes against the Giants, Colston should have a big game.

I really think the Vince Young media machine has it in the bag at this point. Colston would need a BIG Sportscenter weekend for the next 2 Sundays.

Missing those games will put him out of the running. Although, I do believe if he didn't get hurt he'd have won it outright !

Missing those games will put him out of the running. Although, I do believe if he didn't get hurt he'd have won it outright !

Logically, this shouldn't hold, since Vince Young has'nt played a whole season either, adn it wasn't because he couldn't physically play, it was because his coaches thought he was not the best option on their team. Colston has clearly been our number one option (receiving) in the #1 offense in the NFL. If he has DECENT last two games he should win it. Vince Young is scary tho.

Logically, this shouldn't hold, since Vince Young has'nt played a whole season either, adn it wasn't because he couldn't physically play, it was because his coaches thought he was not the best option on their team. Colston has clearly been our number one option (receiving) in the #1 offense in the NFL. If he has DECENT last two games he should win it. Vince Young is scary tho.

Vince Young is scary like Michael Vick is scary. Does Vick scare you?

Cool, I forgot that Hofstra is in NYC (Long Island?).

I can imaging there will be a lot of Hofstra turned SAINTS fans in attendance? C'mon Marques, make 'em happy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom