Colston's Status...anything yet (2 Viewers)

>>I don't think it's too bad, I haven't heard the dreaded words "high ankle sprain" used. Really won't know more until later today. But I hope we'll have him for Atlanta.

I hope Coach is right. I was really looking forward to seeing Colston this Sunday against the Falcons but I don't want to rush him back to fast only to cause further damage to his ankle. We really need Colston for the playoffs though. Get well soon Marques.

saintanism;50974...I don't want to rush him back to fast only to cause further damage to his ankle. We really need Colston for the playoffs though. Get well soon Marques.[/QUOTE said:
From what I remember back when Deuce had the H.A.S. It wasn't a matter of hurting it more... It was just a matter of being able to tolerate the pain. Maybe MC should talk to Deuce. OR, hopefully it's just a sprain and not a HAS

From what I remember back when Deuce had the H.A.S. It wasn't a matter of hurting it more... It was just a matter of being able to tolerate the pain. Maybe MC should talk to Deuce. OR, hopefully it's just a sprain and not a HAS

In that case a H.A.S. is nothing that a shot of Vicodin and some Tussin can't take care of.....:hihi:

In that case a H.A.S. is nothing that a shot of Vicodin and some Tussin can't take care of.....:hihi:

Heh. Sort of :ezbill: The issue is the pressure you can put on it. Even if you can manage pain to an extent, your ankle just won't support the weight. The liagments surrounding the ankle are torn or stretched.

Depending on the injury, I'd rather he sit and get well for the playoffs. With a high ankle sprain, he is also subject to the possibility of a more significant injury.

Hopefully, Payton is right and it is a minor sprain that he can play on over the next couple of weeks and not a HAS.

Heh. Sort of :ezbill: The issue is the pressure you can put on it. Even if you can manage pain to an extent, your ankle just won't support the weight. The ligaments surrounding the ankle are torn or stretched.

All jokes aside, that is really what I'm afraid of. But I don't think Coach Payton is going to put Colston in until he is fully recovered and ready to play. Devery, Joe and even Reggie can still make plays. Copper? Not so much. But I'll miss seeing Colston if he is out for very long. Man, I really hope he's not hurt badly. Colston is fast becoming my favorite Saints next to Joe Horn.

Colston day-to-day after ankle sprain

11/20/2006, 1:26 p.m. CT

The Associated Press
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Saints leading receiver Marques Colston is day-to-day after sparining his left ankle during Sunday's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Sean Payton said Monday.

"We'll treat it and see how much pressure he can put on it," Payton said during his weekly media conference on Monday. "It's just a matter how much weight it can support and how quickly he can come back off of it. Each day we'll get an idea maybe a little bit of his progress."

Payton said Colston had X-rays and an MRI done and all came back negative. The Saints normally limit their Monday schedule to film sessions, meetings and lifting and take Tuesday off. They'll be back on the practice field on Wednesday.

Early in the Saints' first offensive series Sunday, Colston was blocking on a Deuce McAllister running play to his side of the field when he got bowled over from behind by several tacklers.

Colston, a seventh-round draft choice out of Hofstra, had 54 catches for a league-leading 869 yards and a team-high seven touchdowns through the Saints' first nine games, after which he led the league in receiving yardage. With no catches this past weekend, he fell to fifth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom