Colt Brennan (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What Happened?????

Couldn't throw worth crap.

Stomach Flu?? Or just a system QB that couldn't get it done.

I mean all those passing records and not being able to throw the damn ball.:dunno:

He's not as good as his numbers suggest, but he isn't as bad as his previous week would suggest. Frankly I feel bad for Brennan on a personal level, but I've always felt he would fit the Saints passing system fairly well as a backup. If this means we can get him late and take a chance on him, I would approve.

He definitely looked bad at the Senior Bowl...a team can probably get him late on the 2nd day of the draft.

IMO he could fall past the 5th or even 6th.
It all depends on the coming weeks, but the system he played in at Hawaii wasn't exactly the type you can come out of and walk right into a real NFL style passing game, where you cannot have 75 passing attempts, or throw 5 or more picks, and expect to be successful. With the right coaching and tools you could work him into a player, and get a steal in the 3rd or 4th, but if teams can't be bothered and keep passing on him, I wouldn't mind another Payton project if he is around 5th or lower.
It's a weird situation with brennan, you could make a case for him to be the 4th best QB in the draft, behind Ryan, Woodson, and Brohm, but you could also make a case for him being the 11th or 12th QB.
He is very well spoken now, but the accusations early in his career may hurt him too.
Brennan is a pretty interesting player to keep an eye on come the draft.

Another system QB that will fall to the wayside like the majority of Spurrier's Gator Qbs. Awesome numbers, but who did they play?

The combine will be the deciding factor on Brennan. He could go anywhere from 5th round to UDFA. I think everything depends on his arm strength and footwork. He's a smart kid, and if a team takes an interest in him, he could have great career at backup, similar to Jamie Martin.

Pride comes before a fall...maybe he needed a humbling experience. When Hawaii came here to LA Tech this past season, Brennan was making gestures to the crowd after some completions and acting like he was "it".

On another note, does anyone still know how a team who could only beat LA Tech 45-44 makes it to the Sugar Bowl?

Anyways, back to Brennan. His attitude during that game soured me on him, but I hope he is humbled by this experience and is able to succeed at the next level.

He never should of played at the Senior bowl. If he doesn't play that game, goes and has a decent combine (which is very likely), he'd still be a 3-5th round pick. Now noone is gonna draft him.

Pride comes before a fall...maybe he needed a humbling experience. When Hawaii came here to LA Tech this past season, Brennan was making gestures to the crowd after some completions and acting like he was "it".

On another note, does anyone still know how a team who could only beat LA Tech 45-44 makes it to the Sugar Bowl?

Anyways, back to Brennan. His attitude during that game soured me on him, but I hope he is humbled by this experience and is able to succeed at the next level.

I seriously doubt a bad week at football practice and a few bad games will humble him compared to the rest of his life.

I liked his Rainbow visor. He looked like an open-minded warrior.

He never should of played at the Senior bowl. If he doesn't play that game, goes and has a decent combine (which is very likely), he'd still be a 3-5th round pick. Now noone is gonna draft him.
But there in lies the mark of a man. He is a competitor and to be the best, you have to beat the best. He wanted to go against "The Big Boys" and see where he stacked up. Now he knows.

I will give the kid his due for moxy, but he is not an NFL QB. He is short, skinny, and lacks the arm strength to throw deep or out. His best bet is to have a successful career in the Arena league where he would light it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom