Colt McCoy speculated to be gone from Cleveland (1 Viewer)

I do agree though i think Id trust him more than i trusted Chase@ any point.

What is it about Colt McCoy that causes you to trust him over Chase Daniel? Seems to me that they're basically the same guy...just different career arcs.

He is a very good fit. He has NFL experience, and is in the last year of his contract. He is a mobile enough QB but is too fragile to run option on the NFL level. His best bet is to go to a team like the Saints that have the offensive weapons to keep him in the pocket.

Browns will dump him as his salary jumps from $0.5M to $2.5 this year, and he only has $0.2 of dead money. The Browns are way under the cap so they might wait awhile and look at trade offers. His 2013 salary plus draft choices will make it difficult to get serious offers.

If he is not traded away by draft week they should waive him shortly thereafter.

Love this from Archie

From the summer of 2009, after the Manning Passing Academy

“I have had the opportunity to watch all these young college quarterbacks in games and also in highlights, but the one guy I was more impressed with in person than just watching on television was Colt (McCoy),” Manning said. “Colt reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. He is smart, very accurate, he has great field presence and he has better arm strength than many give him credit for. Colt has a super quick release and that ball comes out of there real fast. He is a great college quarterback and he has a chance to be a real good NFL starter also.”

Louisiana connections at Ole Miss | DailyComet.com

We couldn't stop Colt McCoy nor his team when they visited the dome 2 years ago. He's a player and can move around in the pocket like Drew. Do it!

What is it about Colt McCoy that causes you to trust him over Chase Daniel? Seems to me that they're basically the same guy...just different career arcs.

McCoy has starting NFL experience. Daniel played only a handful of downs (always meaningless) during the regular season during his three years with the Saints. While I always liked Daniel I never saw anything to make me think he'd ever be anything more than career backup in the NFL. McCoy was caught up in the QB grave yard that is the Cleveland Browns. Good player in a bad Offense who took the blame. I doubt he'll be willing to sign cheaply with the Saints and sit behind Brees. He'll want to sign somewhere where he can compete for a starting job.

McCoy looks so much like Payton they would get mixed up.

But,,, he plays a lot like Brees and is a great leader.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom