Colt McCoy speculated to be gone from Cleveland (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't trade a dime for him but i spoke on this months back. If hes release we should IMMEDIATELY bring him in so that he can be an understudy to Drew.

I got this feeling he could be the successor without us ever having to skip a beat once Drew retires.

i wouldn't be opposed to signing him. he still has a lot of potential, and behind brees, what better teacher to refine those skills.

Wouldn't trade a dime for him but i spoke on this months back. If hes release we should IMMEDIATELY bring him in so that he can be an understudy to Drew.

I got this feeling he could be the successor without us ever having to skip a beat once Drew retires.

I may consider the 6th round pick if Saints want him and it looks like McCoy could end up elsewhere

I may consider the 6th round pick if Saints want him and it looks like McCoy could end up elsewhere

No. At best a future conditional 7th with strict conditions. I cannot imagine he will be in high demand.

Many beats would be skipped, but I do think he would be an upgrade from Chase Daniel. If Drew were to miss a game or 2, I would have more confidence in McCoy than I ever did in Daniel.

Many beats would be skipped, but I do think he would be an upgrade from Chase Daniel. If Drew were to miss a game or 2, I would have more confidence in McCoy than I ever did in Daniel.

Well what i mean by that is by the time Drew Retires.....this Defense should be the unit carrying the team and not the offense.

If I'm on the same wavelength as Payton and i like to think sometimes I am in about 3 years drew will be 35ish. He will still be accurate etc etc but hell be more of a game manager. Mark Ingram will just be reaching his peak and will most likely be our bellcow back.

So i think we will morph slowly but surely into one of those teams predicated on Defense with our Offense still being masterminded by Payton but just not as prolific.

I think Colt under those conditions could come in and play...and play well. He'll probably never be as prolific as Drew but i tihnk with a strong defense behind him he could be pretty damn good.

So that means the transition from Him to Drew shouldn't be that hard as well be going from Game Manager to Game Manager by that time. Instead of thinking of it as going from Drew in his current state to Mccoy.

I do agree though i think Id trust him more than i trusted Chase@ any point.

I wouldnt mind Colt as a backup, but lets face it were not going to spend any more than vet minimum on a backup for Brees considering our cap issues.

My educated guess is that we sign one of the McCowns (either Josh or Luke) as our Free Agent QB, then pickup one of the local QBs who becomes an UDFA; Griffin Tulane, Cameron LA Tech or Stanley Southeastern LA...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NFQgE18-Lp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My only gripe about him is that he's injury prone.

james-harrison-hit-to-head-of-colt-mccoy.jpg

Don't hold this hit against Colt, it was a cheap shot by Harrison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom