Colts agree to terms with Darrius Heyward-Bey (1 Viewer)

OK - that is going to change my draftboard around a little bit....

Good signing though.

Now watch him blossom into the WR that Al Davis envisioned him as when everyone laughed at Al for drafting him where he did.

A young, talented recieving corp with the exeption of Reggie. Great signing, I too would have liked to see an interest from our team.

bah... Good signing, so much for us giving him a shot.
empty-pockets.jpg

I won't hold my breathe.. Another former high draft pick that's already made a ton of money.. It looks good on paper but I'd wait and see just how motivated he really is

I don't think it was a problem of motivation. He was simply overdrafted by a dumb team.

The last few years he has slowly improved and he is on the right track and can give you 40-50 catches and 700 yds ....thats solid.....

and he's got deep speed. in our offense that would be meachem.....

God, when do the crows come home to roost for the Colts? How much cap space did they have???

They cleaned house last year, but received an emotional bump and overachieved. They were, essentially, the same as the 2006 Saints,

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. They just went out and spent all of that cap money on the equivalent of Brian Simmons, Jason David, and Kevin Kaesviharn. Expect some regression towards the mean here and a couple of 2007/2008 type seasons.

Bey really needs a top notch WR coach. He doesn't know the NFL game and his tenure With the Raiders taught him no moves or schemes. Jury is still out on him.

I can't help but think back to his first year in the league when Cris Carter was talking about how dissappointed he was with his play with the following quote: "He needs to start getting his act together. Darrius Heyward-Bey, 3 names 2 catches." :smilielol:

Colts made a soild pickup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom