Colts forum chock full of amazing statements (1 Viewer)

from a pure physical standpoint, Hayden and Jackson are near twins.....same height, nearly identical weight......but, Hayden was a WR for most of his time in college.....IIRC, he played CB one season before going pro.....which is why despite his measurables, he was available in the second round for the Colts to take....he has had two years of coaching to get him up to speed......from what I have seen, he looks pretty good, with one exception.....he has gotten called for a couple of penalties in the preseason.....I suspect he has been a little excited and a little overagressive.....if anyone can calm him down some, it is Dungy.....beyond that, he has looked pretty solid.....I can already see the corners being more physical this year than last.....I think there will be a major difference in how they play.....

we can find out more tonight..... :) ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL????

YES. Good posts by you, BTW.

It's not Jackson and Hayden I'd be worried about, but the rookie nickel and dime backs. Last year THEY were the nickel and dime, now there's a dropoff. We've got terrific #3 and #4 WRs in veterans Copper and Patten, and Brees forces the ball to no one; he will find the weak spot time and again.

But yes, ready for some football. Here's to no injuries and a fairly- and competently-reffed game.

YES. Good posts by you, BTW.

It's not Jackson and Hayden I'd be worried about, but the rookie nickel and dime backs. Last year THEY were the nickel and dime, now there's a dropoff. We've got terrific #3 and #4 WRs in veterans Copper and Patten, and Brees forces the ball to no one; he will find the weak spot time and again.

But yes, ready for some football. Here's to no injuries and a fairly- and competently-reffed game.
I appreciate you saying that, I have enjoyed the debates I had here.....

well, with Jennings out, I expect the rookie Hughes to see some playing time.....he is a little bit of an enigma to me.....his mother passed away between the first and second preseason games so he missed games 2 and 3.....he did play against Cincy and had a pick.....from the limited action I saw, I am encourage, just not done evaluating him yet....but don't forget that the Colts have two very good coverage safeties too.....

and given the circumstances, no injuries and a evenly reffed game is a win for both teams, no matter the score.....I'll back to visit tomorrow win or lose and then I'll leave ya be.....enjoy the game! :)

Joseph Addai is faster than Reggie Bush (see NFL combine test), Addai rushed for more yards than Bush, and Addai averaged more yards-per-carry than Bush. Addai > Bush. Bush still can prove he's up to his hype, but at this point, he's mostly hype. As I said... Joseph Addai is better than Reggie Bush, at least so far.

Joseph Addai is faster than Reggie Bush (see NFL combine test), Addai rushed for more yards than Bush, and Addai averaged more yards-per-carry than Bush. Addai > Bush. Bush still can prove he's up to his hype, but at this point, he's mostly hype. As I said... Joseph Addai is better than Reggie Bush, at least so far.

Man, no disrespect, and I love Addai, he's from LSU, but the basis of your opinion makes your opinion wrong. Bush had to split a lot more carries with Deuce than Joseph did with Dominick Rhodes, thus the higher rushing yardage. NFL combine time? Don't really care. Reggie did struggle earlier in the season with his rushes. He kept thinking he could outrun defenses like he did in college and he was wrong. Later in the year he learned to follow his blocks and his yardage per carry increased to around 5.0. Finally, I doubt very seriously that entire defensive gameplans focus on Addai like they do Reggie. He's a gamechanger in so many ways. You'll see tonight.

Much, much, much, much, much, much harder to live up to the all-Reggie-all-the-time hype than it is to overcome no hype (like Mr. [almost] Irrelevant Marques Colston). Bad argument. I'm not buying it.

Joseph Addai is better than Reggie Bush, at least so far.

They are two different players asked to do different things. You can not compare the two without adding some asterisks next to what they do. Sure, Addai is a better line of scrimmage runner as of now, but reggie is a better Reciever out of the backfield, he's a better outside runner, he's a better back to work playaction off of and he's a better open field runner.

See, that's the problem when comparing most RB's to Bush.........they simply don't have the same skillset. Reggie is a new type of RB-Hybrid..........

Let's not forget that Reggie is a threat on Punt returns, which you will see tonight.....something Addai can not and will not do.

Do you see now that you can't compare the two, at least not on the same footing?

Believe it or not, most people on this board have watched Addai run more than you have.

Everybody is confident about their team at the begining of the season. Take a look at Falcons fans for example. They think Joey Harrington has a shot at MVP and Norwood is better than Bush. Now we all know that won't happen but fans find any glimmer of hope that's going to make them feel like this is their year.

Do you really believe that Addai is faster than Reggie? Ask yourself this question, would you trade Addai for Reggie straight up? Then ask yourself again after tonight and get back to us.

Found this posted on the Colts' forum. No doubt a Bears fan.

"Anyways, goodluck tonight, as much as I dislike the Colts, I respect Dungy, Peyton and your team. I hope you completely take the Saints apart, as I can't STAND them or their bandwagon fans. Anytime a team or players(Bush) taunts another team while getting destroyed is just not cool to me.( Or acctually, taunting at ANYTIME, but thats another topic) I hope you win 45-3 tonight. Again, goodluck!"

Bandwagon fans??

yeah, but it means something to defense like who will be covering him.....on a lot of teams, there can be a dropoff from #1 CB to #2 CB......look at Denver, the Colts just kept throwing away from Champ all game and beat up that defense......

Thats not how things work.

Colston is still in the same position he was last season (X reciever I believe). CB's tradionally play sides of the field, not specific players. So Colston will be facing the same CB's he always has when it comes to man to man coverage. Sometimes thats the number 1, sometimes its the number 2.

Its a common misconception that all number 1 CB's always line up on the number 1 reciever.

Found this posted on the Colts' forum. No doubt a Bears fan.

"Anyways, goodluck tonight, as much as I dislike the Colts, I respect Dungy, Peyton and your team. I hope you completely take the Saints apart, as I can't STAND them or their bandwagon fans. Anytime a team or players(Bush) taunts another team while getting destroyed is just not cool to me.( Or acctually, taunting at ANYTIME, but thats another topic) I hope you win 45-3 tonight. Again, goodluck!"

Bandwagon fans??

We weren't getting destroyed when reggie celebrated his TD (as if they wouldn't of done the same thing). So his statement makes no sense.

Do you really believe that Addai is faster than Reggie? Ask yourself this question, would you trade Addai for Reggie straight up? Then ask yourself again after tonight and get back to us.
Yes, it is a fact that Addai is faster than Bush. And yes, absolutely, I'd prefer Addai over Bush.

Addai is the better runner for NFL play (can run inside, outside, or over the top), has no weaknesses (an excellent blocker and can catch passes as well as a receiver), and is the best fit for the Colts offense where they require a back "who can do it all". And, this is not just me talkin' - most "draftniks" considered Addai the most all-around back available in last years draft.

Now, having said the facts above, Bush could still come on strong. Both of their careers are just getting started. Bush had the glory in college, which Addai didn't have, and hence, Bush came into the league with a lot of hype. But, as long-time NFL observers can attest, that doesn't necessarily translate into a hype-worthy career.

Good luck to him, though. And to the Saints, a team I like.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a fact that Addai is faster than Bush. And yes, absolutely, I'd prefer Addai over Bush. Addai is the better runner for NFL play (can run inside, outside, or over the top), has no weaknesses (can block and catch passes as well as a receiver), and is the best fit for the Colts offense where they require a back "who can do it all". And, this is not just me talkin' - most "draftniks" considered Addai the most all-around back available in last years draft.

Now, having said the facts above, Bush could still come on strong. Both of their careers are just getting started. Bush had the glory in college, which Addai didn't have, and hence, Bush came into the league with a lot of hype. But, as long-time NFL observers can attest, that doesn't necessarily translate into a hype-worthy career.

Good luck to him, though. And to the Saints, a team I like.

Addai is not faster then Bush on the field in pads. I haven't seen anything close to Bush's speed from Addai when its game time.

How exactly is it a fact that hes faster? Some 40 time thats meaningless when there in pads?

Also, Reggie is a do all back. He struggled early on but came on the 2nd half of last year. He rushed for over 100 yards against NY when deuce didn't play much and he had the chances. If he had too he could run north and south as good as anyone.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom