Colt's Staff (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Word is Dungy will likely retire. If he does, which part of his staff do you think the Saints should lure here? I think the wr coach should be pursued as well as the tight end coach. What that team has done with tight ends is amazing. I like our wr coach now but if their wr coach is available i say why not. What do you all think?

I don't know how happy I am with our WR coach considering all the drops we have. Can't some of that be blamed on coaching fundamentals?

Their staff will probably stay in place... If they dismantle that staff they can kiss their reign in the AFC South goodbye.

I don't know how happy I am with our WR coach considering all the drops we have. Can't some of that be blamed on coaching fundamentals?

I guess Colston's success has alot to do with my thoughts on Curtis but you are right about the drops. I also think our veteran wide receivers have helped him along more than the staff. Like Droopy said i think alot of the Colt's staff will stay in place but everytime i watch the Colts i am amazed at how prepared their players are whether they are 1st or 3rd on the depth chart and think alot of that has to with the staff.

I guess Colston's success has alot to do with my thoughts on Curtis but you are right about the drops. I also think our veteran wide receivers have helped him along more than the staff. Like Droopy said i think alot of the Colt's staff will stay in place but everytime i watch the Colts i am amazed at how prepared their players are whether they are 1st or 3rd on the depth chart and think alot of that has to with the staff.

I'm just still so irritated over how the season went I want to axe everybody. I would make a very bad NFL owner.

I'm just still so irritated over how the season went I want to axe everybody. I would make a very bad NFL owner.

Yeah very strange season considering most of the top FA acquisitions were not that successful. This was the year of the underdog. Which brings me to my point. Staff is key.

If anyone from that staff, i'd say their O-line coach, and D-line coaches.. look how great that udfa dt they had did.. plus didn't we lose our dline coach to the college ranks.

No. Our WR coach has done a great job. I'd be hard pressed to blame him for Devery's problems. Some players just don't have the hand eye coordination to make catches consistently. Most WR's with bad hands never get over it. Its not something you can teach at that point. If you haven't learned to catch by the time you reach the NFL your probably not going to.

Didn't we lose our passing game assistant to the 9ers over the off season. You wouldn't think it would have had a big affect, but obviously it must have.

I think we have a great wr's coach. If you look at our wr's as a whole many would compare them to the Bad News Bears. I don't think anyone has done more with less. Sure we lead the league in dropped passes, but we also lead the league in pass attempts.

They said on the CBS pre-game show that there was a contingency plan if Dungy retires, and that they'd hire one of the existing coaches. If that happens, the coaching staff will more than likely remain there.

I know what you are saying about the drops, but drops are more on the receiver then the receiver coach, at least thats the way I view it. Colston has done well with the receiver coach in place, so it can't be him. Guys like Henderson have had drops their entire career, changing the coach won't change that.

How about their playcaller (Tom Moore)?

I don't see that working. Sean Payton makes the calls so what role would Tom Moore fill? That being the case why would Tom Moore want to come here, O-coordinator? Then you have to fire or demote Doug Marrone. Not likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom