Colt's Staff (1 Viewer)

No. Our WR coach has done a great job. I'd be hard pressed to blame him for Devery's problems. Some players just don't have the hand eye coordination to make catches consistently. Most WR's with bad hands never get over it. Its not something you can teach at that point. If you haven't learned to catch by the time you reach the NFL your probably not going to.

I agree. We have a fantastic WR coach in Curtis Johnson. Very disciplined, very good. Henderson had problems before Johnson arrived. Johnson cannot be the blame for lack of talent. Also, the Colts were second in the league in dropped passes. It goes to show that if you throw the ball a lot, you will end up with a lot of drop passes. The thing that you don't want is the sort of blatant drops we see from Devery and even Patten at times.

I think we have a great wr's coach. If you look at our wr's as a whole many would compare them to the Bad News Bears. I don't think anyone has done more with less. Sure we lead the league in dropped passes, but we also lead the league in pass attempts.

***CORRECTION***
NYG led the league in dropsies....

How about their playcaller (Tom Moore)?

Nah, Moore is the orchestrator. He'll be there when Manning retires. As long as they have Peyton and Moore everybody else just gets in. He was there before Dungy took over...

I am not down on Curtis Johnson (and this post is not meant to be negative as I ask these questions:) (1) What importance does his role play in current WR/TE evalutation & (2) What type of input will he have on the draft?

I don't know how happy I am with our WR coach considering all the drops we have. Can't some of that be blamed on coaching fundamentals?

Too be honest, with all the passing attempts we have, you will likely have more drops....??

If the offense was more balance, then we probably wouldnt even be talking about a WR coach.... however with the job Lance Moore and Colston are doing, how can you think about changing the WR coach???

hmm probably their OL coach , he seems to get a good mix of rookies and veterans every year without spending high draft picks, the colts OL is definetely on of the better groups in the nfl

Hmmm... Tom Moore was our RB's coach during part of Ditka's tenure as Head Coach here. After a year or two of Danny Abramowicz offensive stint as the Saints offensive coordinator a lot of us we hollering for Ditka to make Moore (who had been a successful OC with Detroit) the OC and send Danny A. packing. Ditka didn't, of course, and Moore moved on to Indy as OC under Mora. The rest is history!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom