Columbus Day (1 Viewer)

I honestly didn’t realize today was a holiday

I got lost in the grocery store looking for the spice aisle.

How did you guys celebrate?
I was looking for the spice aisle, couldn't find it, then I saw a shopping cart that had what could be considered spice, so I commandeered it.

Wasn't sure whether to celebrate Columbus Day or Indigenous People Day, so I didn't do either. Spent the majority of the day trying to come up with a Vespucci joke, but that never came to fruition.

[/QUOTE
Maybe instead of celebrating Columbus “supposed” discovery of New World and the more recent protests of Columbus and the links celebrating European colonialism and later imperialism against and aimed towards pre-Colombian empires and Native American indigenous tribes, we should re-name either Native Indigenous Day or re-name this holiday after the European explorers, raiders who we and the historian collectively and categorically agree DID discover and explore this continent and it even established a short-lived settlement, Leif Ericson’s The Vikings.

I needed some spices but I couldn’t find the grocery store. Instead I ended up at a restaurant. The owners were nice people but I told them since my family didn’t know the place existed that means I discovered it and it’s mine now.

I have no idea how to run a restaurant. Anyone have any tips?

Wasn't sure whether to celebrate Columbus Day or Indigenous People Day, so I didn't do either. Spent the majority of the day trying to come up with a Vespucci joke, but that never came to fruition.

I bought the space and put the line "I'm all lost in [high school], I can no longer [work] happily, I came in here for the special offer, a guaranteed personality - but it's not here. It disappeared" in the quotes section of the high school yearbook my junior year. I still love that song. It described the teenage angst of "who am I and where do I find out" perfectly to me in those years.

I needed some spices but I couldn’t find the grocery store. Instead I ended up at a restaurant. The owners were nice people but I told them since my family didn’t know the place existed that means I discovered it and it’s mine now.

You can go to other restaurants and find other cooks and managers and...strongly encourage them to come work for you

My middle school daughter was shown the videos and stuff we were shown as kids. She asked when did we learn that Columbus was a murderer and not at all what he was depicted as in the film strip.

I told her to shut up and never speak ill of our nations founder again.

What’s next? She is going to tell me that Thanksgiving is a sham? She thinks she is so smart.

My middle school daughter was shown the videos and stuff we were shown as kids. She asked when did we learn that Columbus was a murderer and not at all what he was depicted as in the film strip.

What’s next? She is going to tell me that Thanksgiving is a sham? She thinks she is so smart.
Kids these days

Maybe we will get there one day with our bloodthirsty presidents/congresses/etc. we have had since.. Well all of them really.
Statism is a cult for sure.

When in God's name did any historian(s) ever believe that Christopher Columbus was founder of our nation? I mean, I get it guys, this is a completely satirical thread or replying posts, but this, it's not even ridiculously stupid that anyone, much less a barely-tenured professor at some XYZ community college could ever conjure up such a notion unless it came to him while he was extremely sick with flu and fever at 104 *temper.

Put the owner of the restaurant on house arrest, chain the host/hostess and burn their feet in open flames, enslave the wait staff, then take everything that's in the cash register and tip jars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom