Combine: Cornerbacks discussion (2 Viewers)

Wow, that was really nice.

Its gonna take awhile for it to settle in.

He looks so long. With that kind of speed and reach I think he could be special.

The guy has top 5 talent. He's even more talented then Cromartie. And he has great ball skills. Competition-schmompetition, CB is an athlete's position and this kid has crazy talent.

He looked extremely fast when he was running. I thought he was going to time at a 4.2 flat when Deion said that he was flying but a 4.28 is exceptional. It will probably be a 4.34 official or so.

Just heard that Taleb ran a 4.48.

I predicted 4.49. Spam when you have time, is the rumor of him being more of a cover 2 corner true, or is that just hogwash

At this point, if DRC, Ellis, Rivers, Dorsey are all there at 10 (not going to happen, but it is a preference question) who do you take?

If both Rivers and Cromartie are available at #10, assuming the big DL's are gone (Ellis, Dorsey), who do we go for? Cromartie is looking like something special so far...my description of him after watching the Senior Bowl (twice!), is ball hawk. Every single play, there he is, near the ball. He reminds me of a lighter Sammy Knight in that respect. I just have a good gut feeling about him, and he'd fill an area we have a glaring need at, especially with MM's injury.

Hey, someone tell me who Branch is. Says he ran a 4.29 40. I know nothing about this guy. Who is he and where is he from?

DRC is quickly vaunting himself not only into the first round, but very high in the first round. If he can keep popping eyes like this, he'll be vying to be the first corner taken in the draft.

Just heard that Taleb ran a 4.48.

I predicted 4.49. Spam when you have time, is the rumor of him being more of a cover 2 corner true, or is that just hogwash

The only reason you'd predict him as a Cover-2/Tampa-2 CB is if you have concerns about him turning and running (i.e. his "hips").

He played a lot of man in the Senior Bowl though and looked great. And just watching him run the 40 he looks like he has great feet. My initial feeling is this cat has the talent to do whatever the hell he wants.

We'll have to watch him in the position drills and the 3-cone and see how he looks. 6'1 1/2 is pretty tall for a man CB, but Nnamdi does it just fine and that's who DRC reminds me the most of.

At this point, if DRC, Ellis, Rivers, Dorsey are all there at 10 (not going to happen, but it is a preference question) who do you take?

Rugger, IMO if a big DL with the talent of a Dorsey or Ellis is there, you take them. You immediately make the rest of your defense better by improving the front 4. But as I said above, if (when) they're gone, I'd lean towards Cromartie at this point...I've had a good gut feeling about him since the first half of the Senior Bowl.

1 - Dorsey
2 - Ellis
3 - DRC
4 - Rivers

Just my opinion, of course, but Dorsey and Ellis are no-brainers over anyone else. I would take DRC over Rivers. Not to "knock" Rivers, he's going to be a very good player, but I think DRC is a more special talent.

If both Rivers and Cromartie are available at #10, assuming the big DL's are gone (Ellis, Dorsey), who do we go for? Cromartie is looking like something special so far...my description of him after watching the Senior Bowl (twice!), is ball hawk. Every single play, there he is, near the ball. He reminds me of a lighter Sammy Knight in that respect. I just have a good gut feeling about him, and he'd fill an area we have a glaring need at, especially with MM's injury.

Cromartie. 10 times in a row.

Rivers is going to be good but Cromartie is potentially special. I don't mean Pro Bowl special I mean "special" special. He's got that much talent.

A lot is going to depend on his individual workout and interview however, how coachable he is, he quickly he picks stuff up, etc. The "level of competition" isn't necessarily a barrier, but i'm sure he has a lot of ground coaching-wise to catch up with and you got to make sure the attitude is right before hand for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom