Combined stats on Stafford and Kolb (1 Viewer)

HOWEVER, we have been getting turnovers and MOST importantly, we have had a pretty good red zone defense. I don't have the statistics, but I would bet that we have stopped teams from scoring a TD more than we have allowed them in when they get into the red zone so far.

We allowed 2 TDs and 1 FG to Detroit (1 due to a long PR by Dennis Northcutt) and Sharper intercepted 1 pass.

We allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs to Philly, Sharper intercepted 1 pass, and we stopped them on 4th down once.

Overall, we allowed 3 TDs and 6 overall scores in 9 redzone possessions, forced 2 TOs, and stopped the opponent on 4th down once. Currently, we have the 7th-best redzone TD defense at 33%.

The Saints defense is number one in the league in opposing quarterback passer rating (53.4), number one in the league in interceptions (6), and number three in the league in opposing quarterback completion percentage (52.8).

Stafford and Kolb may be below average quarterbacks, but the Saints have handled them quite well. We'll see what happens when we play above average quarterbacks, but these stats are promising and they give me high hopes.

2 INTs were late in the 4th (hell, 1 was the FINAL PLAY). The only INT of any consequence was the 1st. The game was close at halftime and it was a fumble on the opening half KR that really swung momentum our way.

Does McNabb help? Sure. Slice it however you want, but we put 41 on a top defense that completely shut down Carolina who scored decently on Atlanta. And we stopped trying to score at the top of the 4th quarter. And we still added an offensive TD. Do you honestly think with McNabb we score less than 30? You're not that big a homer, are you?

If we're talking the difference betwen say Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick sure. Not a whole lot lost. Probally not that much changes. But yeah, when you consider the impact that he has for his team (several time pro bowler) I think the possibility is there that the game could be different. Especially when said backup gets his first start.

If we're talking the difference betwen say Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick sure. Not a whole lot lost. Probally not that much changes. But yeah, when you consider the impact that he has for his team (several time pro bowler) I think the possibility is there that the game could be different. Especially when said backup gets his first start.

It could've been different. It could've been different if our Pro Bowl LT wasn't injured and Trent Cole may not get a sack on the 2nd drive of the game and maybe we score on the drive. But the fact is their defense was the same as Week 1 and we dominated them while they had dominated Carolina who wasn't dominated by Atlanta.

Imagine you play D for the Eagles ($$$$ right?) anyway, your playing the best offense in the league and your own usually better than good offense is missing its leader. Your back up keeps you in it for a while but he's not staying on the feild often enough and your team isn't leading in time of possesion. Well now its the 2nd half and boy are you gassed. After a while your down 2 or 3 possesions tired as hell and probally looking forward to playing the Chiefs.

look your clearly desperate and worried about your team and thats ok.

remember next year you guys will have a winning record again so congrats on 2010... if there's a season

Imagine you play D for the Eagles ($$$$ right?) anyway, your playing the best offense in the league and your own usually better than good offense is missing its leader. Your back up keeps you in it for a while but he's not staying on the feild often enough and your team isn't leading in time of possesion. Well now its the 2nd half and boy are you gassed. After a while your down 2 or 3 possesions tired as hell and probally looking forward to playing the Chiefs.

What's your point? Our O dominated their D from the opening possession and they got a reprieve after 3 quarters. McNabb or no McNabb, he doesn't play defense. They were gassed because we gassed them.

It could've been different. It could've been different if our Pro Bowl LT wasn't injured and Trent Cole may not get a sack on the 2nd drive of the game and maybe we score on the drive. But the fact is their defense was the same as Week 1 and we dominated them while they had dominated Carolina who wasn't dominated by Atlanta.
LT is very important, especially if its your blind side. But its not nearly as important as QB. The offense runs through the QB first and for most. He is both the arm and the conductor of an offense. This is amplified when it is a huge star of McNabbs calibur.

As for the defence. Sure it was the same players but were they really put into the same positions they we're put in against Carolina? Now alot of the fact they weren't speaks highly of the Saints but I see McNabb absence as a big factor an that game as well.

What's your point? Our O dominated their D from the opening possession and they got a reprieve after 3 quarters. McNabb or no McNabb, he doesn't play defense. They were gassed because we gassed them.
An honest question. Have you ever played defense. While I know High School our pop warner isn't the NFL don't you think the game would have been harder if your offense was not playing without its starting QB (We'll assume said QB is a captain). Its not nearly so simple as McNabb doens't play D so thier would have been no difference.

We allowed 2 TDs and 1 FG to Detroit (1 due to a long PR by Dennis Northcutt) and Sharper intercepted 1 pass.

We allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs to Philly, Sharper intercepted 1 pass, and we stopped them on 4th down once.

Overall, we allowed 3 TDs and 6 overall scores in 9 redzone possessions, forced 2 TOs, and stopped the opponent on 4th down once. Currently, we have the 7th-best redzone TD defense at 33%.

Thanks, that's about what I thought it was going to be. :)

That's the key right there. The red zone is where the $$$ is.

An honest question. Have you ever played defense. While I know High School our pop warner isn't the NFL don't you think the game would have been harder if your offense was not playing without its starting QB (We'll assume said QB is a captain). Its not nearly so simple as McNabb doens't play D so thier would have been no difference.

Other teams play well with worse QBs than Kolb and Kolb played well overall. 2 of his INTs were due to being down by 3 scores. If Kolb played poorly all game, I'd see your point. But he didn't, so I don't.

Well no. Because our offense is the best and yours isn't.
Again no ones arguing that. The argument is that its enitirely possible that the Eagles score more points if McRib is in than if he is out. On a personal note I think he would have had an impact on his defense as well but thats speculation.

Technically, we put up 41 points up on a defense that's better than yours on the road. I like those stats better.

I hope you aren't talking about the Eagles......nothing points to them having a good defense. They were ripped apart several times last year too.

Other teams play well with worse QBs than Kolb and Kolb played well overall. 2 of his INTs were due to being down by 3 scores. If Kolb played poorly all game, I'd see your point. But he didn't, so I don't.
But that only argues that your defense might not be so hot as you think it is. He's a first time starter who had very little success in the back up snaps he's had with McNabb previously. There's a reason Garcia was brought in and they're trying to train Vick to be more than a wildcat.

Now 173 of those yards were in the 4th Qtr( garbage yards) and 70 more was on a wide open pass that was probally blown coverage. Now this goes along with the issue that McNabb can't possibly have done better becuas hey Kolb had like 391. If Mcnabb gets 390 its just as likyl thats its spread out where it counts and not after the fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom