Combined stats on Stafford and Kolb (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
A post fom Peyton at Falcons Board

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3865932
"I'm seeing people want to make judgements about the Saints defense based on their first two games, and say their defense is better than the Falcons and what not, and I saw a Saints fan dogging the QBs that the Falcons have played, so I just wanted to add some perspective.

Career starts for Delhomme and Pennington at the time they started against Atlanta - 158
Career starts for Kolb and Stafford at the time they started against New Orleans - 0

Combined wins for Jake and Chad - 93 (against 65 losses)
Combined wins for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career TDs for Jake and Chad - 217
Career TDs for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career pass attempts for Jake and Chad - 4875
Career pass attempts for Matt and Kevin - 45

Career passing yards for Jake and Chad - 35,517
Career passing yards for Matt and Kevin - 167

Career playoff appearances for Jake and Chad - 7
Career playoff appearances for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career playoff wins for Jake and Chad - 7
Career playoff wins for Matt and Kevin - 0

So anyway, you get the point. I think it would be cool if we let the Saints play one game against a QB not making his first career start before we declare them the best defense in the division. Maybe that's just me. "<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_5074158-->

Not here to troll this but I thought these stats were intresting and I was curious as to how you guys would debate it.

The point of our D is not to be so beastly statistically. It's simply to make turnovers when we need to, just to have our offense on the field that much more. And we've certainly done well in regards to turnovers.

Honestly, we will know what we have after the Giants game. Unless we continue and score 40 plus on the the Bills and Jets. Then it will be hard to deny whats taking place.

I'm telling you, the run game and turnovers are the difference so far. I can't think of a third and short we have not picked up this year. Plus we seem to get a key turnover to blow things up or close the door.

We did not turn Stafford over until they were forced to play catch up and he had to take chances to score.

Same with Kolb. The first turnover for the Eagles was on the 2nd half kickoff return so that can't be blamed on the QB. Kolb then threw a pick on the next possession so that may not have happened to McRib but I still don't think they would have been able to keep up.

So far we have been able to do just about whatever we want offensively.

We did give up two sacks to the Eagles early. I think its been a while since we gave up two in one game.

I really believe the key is the run game we have had. Not so much who the other teams QB is although they have probably made the margin of victory a bit inflated.

Comparing career stats of 10+ year vets to rookies is silly. You can bend stats any way you want to.

2009 Season stats

Pennington: 359 yards 1 TD 2 INT
Dolphins: #17 ranked offense

Delhomme: 381 yards 1TD 5 INT
Panthers: #22 ranked offense

What's funny is Stafford has almost identical stats to Delhomme

Regardless of Peytons intentions , I do think that these stats don't necessarily mean that the Saints defense is still mediorce but that its far to many games into the season to delclare them drastically improved.

That said even though he has very few career stats shutting down Sanchez would be pretty impressive.
On that same card shutting down Brady would be pretty impressive for the Falcons even though he's in a rut.

Yawn. Why continue this argument and bringing stats to the board? This is not college football where you have to try and make an argument to get your team into a championship game or bowl game. The NFL decides it on the field. The Saints will host the Falcons soon enough and we will see the truth. And no stat you can come up with will save the Falcons for the thrashing they are going to receive.

Well, we are 5th in the NFL in run defense right now against pretty good rushing offenses, regardless of the quarterback. But to your point, I won't argue, we'll just have to see what happens over the next few games. All I care about are W's, not stats. That being said, we are a better team then you, and I can't wait to play you guys!

I read that post. Here is my reply.
Sorry. Your post means nothing. I can come up with a list, put Flacco and Ryan on there with a couple of career backups, and do the same thing. If your post is true, them Ryan isn't good as you guys make him out to be because he's only played roughly 18 games in his career.

Listen, anyone can manipulate stats to say what they want them to say. The point is, we haven't played an elite QB yet and I will admit that. You guys haven't either though. Pennington can't throw over 40 yards and Delhomme was on his way to the unemployment office until last week. Those are facts, rather you like them or not.
Funny how everyone bought into his post. Too gullible...

Yawn. Why continue this argument and bringing stats to the board? This is not college football where you have to try and make an argument to get your team into a championship game or bowl game. The NFL decides it on the field. The Saints will host the Falcons soon enough and we will see the truth. And no stat you can come up with will save the Falcons for the thrashing they are going to receive.
Very true, but then again thats what these message boards are for.

Very true, but then again thats what these message boards are for.
I don't mind you over here. I welcome you. I troll your boards also from time to time.

The point is, neither one of us has played a good QB. The difference we faced a dominant defense and didn't skip a beat and you guys haven't been tested yet in that category. Other than that, you can consider us dead even (in the sense of what we faced).

I don't mind you over here. I welcome you. I troll your boards also from time to time.

The point is, neither one of us has played a good QB. The difference we faced a dominant defense and didn't skip a beat and you guys haven't been tested yet in that category. Other than that, you can consider us dead even (in the sense of what we faced).
:ezbill: Thinking about becoming a regular. I find it far more intresting to talk football with people who are going to challenge your beliefs and what you know about football, than people with similar thoughts who just bob thier heads and agree with everything you type.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom