Comcast says pay up for Netflix (1 Viewer)

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Level 3 Communications, a central partner in the Netflix online movie service, accused Comcast on Monday of charging a new fee that puts Internet video companies at a competitive disadvantage.

Level 3, which helps to deliver Netflix’s streaming movies, said Comcast had effectively erected a tollbooth that “threatens the open Internet,” and indicated that it would seek government intervention. Comcast quickly denied that the clash had anything to do with network neutrality, instead calling it “a simple commercial dispute.”

Link to the article: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.c...comcast-toll-threatens-online-video-delivery/

This is going to be another big battle over net neutrality. Personally, I see Comcast claims about the ratio of traffic being the justification moronic. I don't know anyone personally who uploads more then they download. Of course, those numbers are going to be skewed. Also, actions like this, and the bit torrent ruling make me very worried about the availability of NBC's content if that merger is allowed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom