COme on all you haters give it up for Devery Henderson (1 Viewer)

ive alwaysstuck up for Devery and been a huge fan and its great to see him excel like he was meant to AND its great to see him get love and respect in the league.

Congrats to everyone else that stuck by him and welcome all that doubted its the best week yet to be a saints fan and I say that not only because I just sold my Devery Henderson rookie collection for 6K but because yet again everyone else lost that helps us and we crushed the flippin' falcons convincingly... again!

Well this is not going to sit well for you peeps. I think the saints should trade Henderson and get as much value for him as they can. Why you ask?

Henderson is not a #1 receiver, Colston is an awesome #2 receiver so Henderson can't be #2. That leaves Henderson as a good #3 receiver. If his contract is not up this year it probably will be the next. Henderson will want to be a #1or #2 guy OR he will be asking for too much $$ for a #3. The saints can find another reliable speed WR in the draft or FA to take over for Horn after the 2008 season.

I see Henderson as being a similar receiver to Kennison and will never be the quality of true #1. There are times teams hold onto players too long and do not maximize their returns. Let another team pay to keep his engine running.

Good job by Devery, However I must admit on the 76 yard touchdown bomb and that 4th quarter catch at the 11 yard line before Deuce scored, I had both fingers crossed and shouting "Come On Devery" catch the freaking football. It's those easy ones that he seems to drop alot.

Why trade him to just have to waste another draft on a WR? It's premature to assume there will be a problem with his contract in the future, or to assume he has that much trade value now. Saints need 3 decent WR's and you call them whatever you want, but he can be one of them. Horn won't be around for that much longer. Right now, the Saint's passing game is that last thing I'd be messing with to improve team.

I started him and Brees in my fantasy league today :D

Coincidently... So did I. And believe it or not, I benched Marvin Harrison to do it.

Yeah... one of my friends in the league thought that I was nuts, but as soon as I saw that Colston was out, considering last weeks performance I had to get Devery in, and since my other WR's (Javon Walker and T.O.) had already played, I had to take out Marvin Harrison. And what do you know, Harrison only had one catch. :)

Well this is not going to sit well for you peeps. I think the saints should trade Henderson and get as much value for him as they can. Why you ask?

Henderson is not a #1 receiver, Colston is an awesome #2 receiver so Henderson can't be #2. That leaves Henderson as a good #3 receiver. If his contract is not up this year it probably will be the next. Henderson will want to be a #1or #2 guy OR he will be asking for too much $$ for a #3. The saints can find another reliable speed WR in the draft or FA to take over for Horn after the 2008 season.

I see Henderson as being a similar receiver to Kennison and will never be the quality of true #1. There are times teams hold onto players too long and do not maximize their returns. Let another team pay to keep his engine running.

colston is already our #1 WR. henderson has been outplaying joe horn so far this season. the smart move would be to lock up our good young receiving corp.

Interesting as well to see how much more of an impact Henderson is having on this team than his old LSU receiving mate Michael Clayton is having in Tampa Bay. In fact, while Clayton's productivity in the league has declined steadily from year 1 to year 3, Henderson's has done just the opposite. I remember how much grief Saints personnel guys took for leaking before that draft that they had Henderson rated higher than Clayton, but they look pretty smart now.

Interesting enough, the Colston injury has actually helped us see what Devery is made of. My heart dropped when Colston went down, thinking that we have no one to step up and fill the void. Well, with Colston getting healthy soon, we have found that slot WR to stretch the defense. It is difficult to defend us when we have Joe Horn, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Reggie Bush, and Deuce McAllister at the skill positions, having them all on the field on some plays. We are a team to be feared coming down the stretch.

One more note on Devery though. I think he has played great, but he will continue to have drops throughout his career until he learns to catch with his hands. He lets the ball hit his pads almost every time, and that is the reason he has dropped so many passes (although none today).

I honestly believe today's game was Devery's best as a saint. I don't remember any drops. He caught the ball well. When Colston returns, which I hope is next week I hope they still keep devery in the passing game.

The catch that was challenged and upheld was clutch. Henderson had a great game. Glad to see the future of our WR corps looks rosy

Stallworth ain't even a blip on the radar screen anymore. Young talented receivers sure make now and the future look bright for Brees and the Saints.

Hum!

I sorry but I disagree with you 100%.

Horn only has another 2 years at the most starting. He is not the same receiver due to age is catching up to him. I believe Colston will be the number 1 receiver followed by Henderson as the number 2 guy.
Why does everyone always wanting to trade away quality dept and roll the dice on another draft pick. Dept wins in the NFL today when injuries occur on the field to your starters and QUALITY dept backs them up.

I gave it up to him a couple of weeks ago. I started a seperate thread to acknowledge him. He still has some work to do to refine his routes, but I love to see his success. He may develop into Joe's replacement.

When Colston comes back we will have a complete WR corps. Maybe the most Complete. Horn can run so many routes and can make the tough catch. Colston is the big break you down go get the ball throw it up here Drew and run you to the Endzone guy. And now Henderson just flat runs. typical WR could well be ......

Horn 5 catches for 67 yards and 1TD
Colston 9 catches for 118 yards and 1TD
Henderson 4 catches for 134 yards and 1TD
Not to mention the fact that this trio down the stretch could well put Deuce and Reginald into more carries and more yardags per carry. Thats the threat. 3rd down conversions keep the opportunities there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom