Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

Yep, Lone Star has been my go to for a while now. I guess I'll crack open the box, give a light wipe down of the bag, and then let them sit out a while. Overly cautious? Yeah, probably. It's not like I'm going to get to those actual books that quickly. I've got a sizable backlog of books to read through first.

Yeah. DCBS is my online go-to shop now. Love their discounts on pre-orders... Up to 50% off of some stuff.

I'm not sure I understand that decision. I know I've read info that says that work is still being created and can be done with relative safety. DC really suffering from lack of good leadership.

Yeah. Makes me wonder what would be happening if DiDio was still around. Or would this be a decision above his pay grade.

Looks like the days of the Diamond monopoly might soon be coming to an end...

And this guy just said, "Aw shirt." So much the better.
steve-geppi.jpg

About 15 years too late

I'm not sure I understand that decision. I know I've read info that says that work is still being created and can be done with relative safety. DC really suffering from lack of good leadership.

So a clarification from this considering the recent news DC plans to release digitally. Seems my editor was referring to the advanced review copies we get from DC's PR team the Friday before NCBD.

And this guy just said, "Aw shirt." So much the better.
steve-geppi.jpg

He looks like a low level mob boss.

I'm interested in what happens to the industry as a result of this. Marvel's adventures in self distributing were a disaster and part of the reason Diamond dominates today, but things have changed in those almost 30 years. I dont know that dumping Diamond fixes things but they've become such an albatross around the industry's neck that changing things up can't hurt.

He looks like a low level mob boss.

I'm interested in what happens to the industry as a result of this. Marvel's adventures in self distributing were a disaster and part of the reason Diamond dominates today, but things have changed in those almost 30 years. I dont know that dumping Diamond fixes things but they've become such an albatross around the industry's neck that changing things up can't hurt.
That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that picture. I'm really hoping that in this day of online retail and computerization that it will be much easier for there to be multiple distributors. Of course, I have no real idea on how all of that works, so I'm basically just spouting off hopes and dreams.

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that picture. I'm really hoping that in this day of online retail and computerization that it will be much easier for there to be multiple distributors. Of course, I have no real idea on how all of that works, so I'm basically just spouting off hopes and dreams.

Well, the industry used a regional multiple distributor model before the Diamond monopoly. Conceivably it would be easier to organize now. And maybe could make books available beyond the direct market, but that's also a matter of outlets. I doubt spinner racks in pharmacies make a come back and newsstands dont really exist these days.

Well, the industry used a regional multiple distributor model before the Diamond monopoly. Conceivably it would be easier to organize now. And maybe could make books available beyond the direct market, but that's also a matter of outlets. I doubt spinner racks in pharmacies make a come back and newsstands dont really exist these days.
There's a Dollar General on every other corner. I wonder if they could get books in there? I know Walmart has a small section of comics, so maybe that could be expanded. Eh, people far smarter than I am on this stuff are working on it, I'd imagine.

So they'll release titles digitally now? Once things get going again, will they put out those issues physically? If so, I'll just wait for that to happen. I mostly prefer my comics to be on paper in my hand.

So they'll release titles digitally now? Once things get going again, will they put out those issues physically? If so, I'll just wait for that to happen. I mostly prefer my comics to be on paper in my hand.
They have to in my opinion. This week's books are already sitting in Diamond's warehouses and the other books slated for April have for the most part all been printed waiting to be sent to Diamond or wherever the publishers tell them.

I don't think Diamond is completely done (they produce the Previews catalog and could keep that gig). Gem (Diamond's parent company) also owns the Overstreet guide (which needs modernization as well) and everything the comes from it. But I'm strongly hoping this means they'll no longer be the only game in town.

Last edited:
Been rereading the Lucifer graphic novels
Not a comic book fiend, but this series just transcends the medium. Brilliant and intelligent story, great art

It was a pretty big risk in doing a project that branches off Sandman without having Gaiman involved, but they really did it justice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom