Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

The old Sandman universe was far better than what they've been putting out lately.

Lone Star has ceased operations.

Has it shipped yet? If not, it might not get to you.
Oh yeah, it's the one I had thought about wiping down when I got it the other day. I ordered the new stuff from last week knowing that it was the last new stuff for a while. I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm seeing all kinds of different takes on the whole Diamond not paying situation. Most of which are not good. The comic industry was a delicate house of cards and this virus just a few of the bottom cards out. Ugh, what a mess.

I'm seeing all kinds of different takes on the whole Diamond not paying situation. Most of which are not good. The comic industry was a delicate house of cards and this virus just a few of the bottom cards out. Ugh, what a mess.

I think this is definitely going to end the monopoly. The fact that they can't pay their vendors tells me there are serious problems. Not enough cash to pay their bills? Not good at all.

This could be a good thing for the time being. Good thread...

Last edited:
1 step forward, 2 steps back ?

1 step forward, 2 steps back ?

Yeah. It's forking crazy. Ryan Higgins (one of the LCS owners involved) has a podcast and he admitted the gun was jumped and stuff was released before The Hub was ready and that it might hurt things. Seems that is coming true. And of course, people are saying our friend Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool is at fault for releasing then poisoning the well.

It seems to me like there is an interesting, if potentially flawed, idea with Comics Hub, but the whole thing got the spotlight put on it in at a relatively half-baked stage. Johnston proclaiming it was going to save the industry, as he did in his first article on it, was probably not the ideal debut, especially since deals were/are far from signed, sealed, and delivered.

And it's also telling that opinion from retailers seems to run the gamut from "You're asking me to take on another bill with no guarantee my customers will actually buy in" to "this is just a Trojan Horse for switching physical buyers to digital and it will kill us in the long run." I've literally seen some shop owners say they'd rather gamble on a month or two of no issues than lead their customers towards digital or pay for a service that has no track record of success.

I don't know. It's an interesting idea, but I can definitely see why there'd be resistance to it. And it seems more like part of a plan than an actual plan at this point. Like they had this idea and jumped the gun before, ya know, actually working out logistics on it.

Yeah. Higgins had a live chat going on while recording and still had questions coming his way that he refused to answer. I wouldn't be shocked if it was the same shop owners that were a part of the same initial group that ruined the entire thing by leaking it to Johnston. We all know his history of magnifying things times 10.

Mile High Comics is offering a promo code for 65% off on back issues and they are still shipping. Before you get too excited about that, remember you're dealing with Chuck Rozanski back issue prices, so even with a 65% discount that sheet is STILL going to be minimum 60% more expensive than actual market value.

Mile High Comics is offering a promo code for 65% off on back issues and they are still shipping. Before you get too excited about that, remember you're dealing with Chuck Rozanski back issue prices, so even with a 65% discount that shirt is STILL going to be minimum 60% more expensive than actual market value.

Yep. Is that website still dreadful?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom