Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

Mile High Comics is offering a promo code for 65% off on back issues and they are still shipping. Before you get too excited about that, remember you're dealing with Chuck Rozanski back issue prices, so even with a 65% discount that shirt is STILL going to be minimum 60% more expensive than actual market value.
Straight out of Geocities circa 1997.
I'll pass. They'd have to offer a 90% off deal to make it worth it. Thanks for passing it along, though.

I'm just not seeing how the comics industry is going to survive all this.

I'm just not seeing how the comics industry is going to survive all this.

It can. They just can't rely on Diamond alone anymore. They now see how big of a mistake that's been even though fans and stores have been making that argument for years.

It can. They just can't rely on Diamond alone anymore. They now see how big of a mistake that's been even though fans and stores have been making that argument for years.
Yeah, but it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for error in this situation. And depending on how long this goes on for, many of those little shops out there aren't gonna make it. I'm hoping that the two in Lafayette can hang on.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for error in this situation. And depending on how long this goes on for, many of those little shops out there aren't gonna make it. I'm hoping that the two in Lafayette can hang on.

Oh believe me, some shops will shut down for good after this, especially those that have never adapted over the years. The stimulus will be there for some, but for others, it's already too late. The industry might be better off with less shops.

Another nail in Diamond's coffin I hope.
If this is the case, it's gonna be a lot of nails in a lot of coffins. There's no way LCS, especially smaller ones, can weather that long of a period without product. Fork.

And then Bleeding Cool put out this article...

No one really knows what will happen. There’s a new/relocated store here in Slidell that I just noticed and wanted to go check out but it’s been closed due to the Corona. Hopefully they will be able to reopen.

Hey @bonnjer, Lone Star is opening back up for online orders. Doesn't help for current/new issues, but if there's some back issues that tickle your fancy...

Hey @bonnjer, Lone Star is opening back up for online orders. Doesn't help for current/new issues, but if there's some back issues that tickle your fancy...
My wallet just ran away screaming, "No more, no more!"

Good news and bad news. Good news - looks like we may get some comics shipping in about a month instead of August. Bad news - Diamond is still doing it.

Good news and bad news. Good news - looks like we may get some comics shipping in about a month instead of August. Bad news - Diamond is still doing it.

Yeah. I still don't think they're out of trouble though. DC has made it clear they're going to be looking at alternatives. The whole industry needs to.

On a side note, I've just been asked to become the permanent third member of the Batman podcast I guest host from time to time. Pretty stoked about that. Should be effective by July.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom