Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

Is it too much to ask to just have Geoff Johns come in and kick Bendis out? Yes, too much? Ugh, ok.

Is it too much to ask to just have Geoff Johns come in and kick Bendis out? Yes, too much? Ugh, ok.

He's supposedly really enjoying his time doing TV and Film development even if he didn't necessarily want to be shuffled out of publishing like he was.

He's supposedly really enjoying his time doing TV and Film development even if he didn't necessarily want to be shuffled out of publishing like he was.
Yes, well, I'm not overly enjoying the publishing, so Johns needs to suck it up and come back. :grin:

There was also an older story on the site talking about how other publishers were in talks with Lunar on doing distribution for them. If things work out, this only makes things better for the industry IMO.

***EDIT***

Here it is...

Last edited:
So before Death Metal even comes out, Snyder reveals another spinoff, Speed Metal...

Come the fork on. DC needs a new boss in the worse way.

So before Death Metal even comes out, Snyder reveals another spinoff, Speed Metal...

Come the fork on. DC needs a new boss in the worse way.
Maybe they'll just create the DMCU - Death Metal Comic Universe - and have an entire lineup of metal books. Super Metal, Wonder Metal, Bat Metal, Aqua Metal. And their book covers can be made of metal. The pages can be printed in metallic inks. See? I can do it too, Snyder.

I tell you, this was really unexpected. Something had to have gone down between DC and Diamond for it to get to this point. It's probably what caused them to add that out clause in the last renewal.

Also, got my Previews catalog today. So word seeing Marvel included in the main book since they've had their own for so long.

I tell you, this was really unexpected. Something had to have gone down between DC and Diamond for it to get to this point. It's probably what caused them to add that out clause in the last renewal.

Also, got my Previews catalog today. So word seeing Marvel included in the main book since they've had their own for so long.
I kinda have a feeling that this is the beginning of the end for Diamond. No real reason, but just a gut feeling.

This is big, no question. The next few months will be very interesting to watch. This may be the end of the Diamond stranglehold.

That said, looking over reactions this morning, DC seems to be catching sheet from some retailers over this move. Expected, I guess, but still.

That said, looking over reactions this morning, DC seems to be catching sheet from some retailers over this move. Expected, I guess, but still.

Like I mentioned above, something had to had happen for it to get to this extreme for DC to completely cut ties. I'm sure we'll get rumblings of it soon.

Then retailers need to wake the hell up and realize there has been a problem for a long time. If them having to come out of their comfort zone / routine in order to save the industry, then they need to put on their big boy pants and suck it up.

Crazy thing is, a lot of those retailers complaining about DC leaving Diamond have also regularly complained about Diamond. Supposedly the fees Lunar and UCS charge are higher than Diamond's and that's their problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom