Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

If anyone is interested in an in-depth (with spoilers) review of the monumental Detective Comics #1027...

This is from last week, but as we expected, DC Universe is rebranding as a comics-only platform in 2021 with a larger library becoming available and more.

I'm on board with this move and will be keeping my subscription.

This is hilariously funny, so I had to share...

121195914_10100315335841996_2777244478576604490_o.jpg

So, it seems DC is giving us 5G without the 5G name.

Some of this stuff looks pretty interesting.
I can deal with a little change, as long as it's short-lived. Don't give me this massive universe altering crap where the characters don't resemble their actual self. And I seriously need to catch up on my reading....I'm wayyyy behind again.

I can deal with a little change, as long as it's short-lived. Don't give me this massive universe altering crap where the characters don't resemble their actual self. And I seriously need to catch up on my reading....I'm wayyyy behind again.
Well, it's good they're doing the main titles during these two months. If you're reading the current titles, they're pretty much leading to this in some form, especially in Batman.

Basically looks like they've repurposed the work they already had done for 5G into a two month event so it won't go to waste. I'm fine with this. Some of it may be interesting but it won't be a full scale new status quo for the entire publishing line, which was always my problem with it.

So this Future State stuff is going to be heavy on the politically correct agenda? If so, I may just pass until we get back to the regular stuff.

So this Future State stuff is going to be heavy on the politically correct agenda? If so, I may just pass until we get back to the regular stuff.

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?
Saw a Youtube video earlier, was halfway paying attention. I think they were quoting from Cosmic Books News. Figured I'd ask here for accurate info.

Cosmic Book News is a terrible site for one. It just might be worse than Bleeding Cool, which says a lot.

Secondly, politics has always been in comics for as long as I remember and before then. To say it won't be involved on some level is a fallacy. Is your concern that there's going to be a Black Batman and a Hispanic Wonder Woman, etc.?

Cosmic Book News is a terrible site for one. It just might be worse than Bleeding Cool, which says a lot.

Secondly, politics has always been in comics for as long as I remember and before then. To say it won't be involved on some level is a fallacy. Is your concern that there's going to be a Black Batman and a Hispanic Wonder Woman, etc.?

Which I wouldn't have an issue with. It would be an adjustment for sure because I'm already used to the characters the way they are now. I'd rather expand the character universe though. I think new roles and powers would be better than recycled ones.

As for politics, it's always been present, but usually subtle. When it gets in your face obvious, then I quickly lose interest.

Which I wouldn't have an issue with. It would be an adjustment for sure because I'm already used to the characters the way they are now. I'd rather expand the character universe though. I think new roles and powers would be better than recycled ones.

As for politics, it's always been present, but usually subtle. When it gets in your face obvious, then I quickly lose interest.
Yes, this. I have no issue with heroes of whatever race in comics and I understand that politics has always been present, but I don't want to be smacked in the face with it constantly. I read comics to escape the real world drama, not get deeper into it.

If you're reading current DC, particularly Batman, you're probably getting a hint at what things might look like. John Ridley's story and Batman leading out of Joker War is dropping tidbits of what will be seen in Ridley's Batman.

Good thing for the traditionalists is that the regular heroes will still be around doing different things in different areas, on and off-world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom