Comic Book Talk (4 Viewers)

At this point the best thing that could happen is some other major company stepping in and making an offer. If Comcast wants into the comics game, make AT&T an offer. That portfolio of IPs would be an instant boost to Universal from movies to theme parks.

-There's going to be a move away from monthly floppies, to digital serialization for monthly titles and then collecting those in physical trades. They are also looking at doing physical monthly anthology titles.
If this happens, then it will likely be the nail in the coffin for my comic collecting days. I like filling up the long and short boxes.

At this point the best thing that could happen is some other major company stepping in and making an offer. If Comcast wants into the comics game, make AT&T an offer. That portfolio of IPs would be an instant boost to Universal from movies to theme parks.
Didn't Comcast start a comic company? Morrison was supposed to be their main star. I just knew they were doing that with the plans of grabbing DC.

Didn't Comcast start a comic company? Morrison was supposed to be their main star. I just knew they were doing that with the plans of grabbing DC.

From what I gather it's basically just Universal Content Production having an imprint called UCP Graphic with Boom! Studios. Morrison was the first guy they brought on. Seems like toe in the water stuff at best and nothing too major.

If this happens, then it will likely be the nail in the coffin for my comic collecting days. I like filling up the long and short boxes.

I've kind of believed the monthly floppy model isn't long for this world for a while now. Periodicals of any sort just don't make money anymore, be they newspapers, magazines, whatever.

The next five years are so are going to be...interesting for the comic book industry.

I've kind of believed the monthly floppy model isn't long for this world for a while now. Periodicals of any sort just don't make money anymore, be they newspapers, magazines, whatever.

The next five years are so are going to be...interesting for the comic book industry.

I need my floppies, says every speculator ever.

I need my floppies, says every speculator ever.
LOL, yeah, I've long given up on the speculating. I just like getting the floppies because it's how I've always done it. I like having the book in hand, the smell, etc. I'm not getting rich off comics.

Just scored a Static #1 in an auction. Man, I wish McDuffie was still alive to sign that bad boy.

Ok. So I read the first issue of King's Bat/Cat (out tomorrow). It's all over the place. I won't say that I miss him on regular series right now.

I'm torn. Part of me says, "Ohhhh, new and shiny! Nice!" Another part of me says, "WTF? That's not Spider-Man!"
ASM2018062-VAR.jpg

Y'all heard it here first, but my favorite Robin is getting a new book in April... to be announced tomorrow.

Yaaayyy!!!

The new Black Widow run is interesting. Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, and Yelena Bulova are part of the story. They're only at issue 4 so it isn't too late to jump in.

I'm curious about the new DC Future State stuff. I hear that the new Wonder Woman is done well. This week she's sharing a book with Superman. Is there word if she'll have her own book again? I don't care for Superman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom