Comic you would like to see made into a movie? (1 Viewer)

The Amory Wars set to the music of Coheed and Cambria.

aOvdLn1.gif

I know we are talking comics here, but my biggest wish-list outside of a comic would be a proper Dragonball movie. Dragonball: Evolution was terrible and I would love to see a better version.

When I watched Man Of Steel, specifically the fight between Superman and Zod, I thought to myself that I could see them using parts of that fight as a Dragonball type fight.

The Sandman (although may be a better series than movie)

Batman: The long Halloween (or any other story where Batman is actually a detective)

Supposedly the Matt Reeves Batman movie in development is heavy on detective stuff. Or that was the plan at one point. Who knows what the status is with any of these DC movies past Aquaman anymore. It seems like things are increasingly pointing towards a a Flashpoint reboot.

There have been several attempts at a Sandman movie, but none have really gotten off the ground. There was a script from a late 90's/early 00's attempt floating around that adapted the Corinthian story from The Doll's House and it was TERRBILE. It tried to make Dream into a superhero, essentially. It was awful. Joseph Gordon Levitt tried a few years ago to get another adaptation going, but it fell apart after he had a string of under performing movies and studios started backing away from giving him high profile gigs.

If Sandman is ever going to work, it will have to be a series. Almost done anthology style, due to the large rotating cast and varying POVs in the series. I didn't much care for the American Gods series (all sizzle and zero steak) and it seems to have run into massive creative problems, so Gaiman adaptations on TV aren't doing great at the moment anyway. Hopefully the new adaptation of Good Omens turns out pretty good.

Infinity Gauntlet was my favorite series so I’m good.

I’d like to see Spider-Man introduce Carnage. Was a fan of the Spider-Man series that came out in the early 90s.

Normal Man

Deathlok

Moon Knight

Howard the Duck, but for real this time - as a pointed political satire skewering the two party system and professional politicians. Perhaps the plot where he ran for office, but that isn't even necessary. Just bring Howard in all his irreverent glory exposing corruption and wise-cracking the whole way. Maybe that would be better as a series like some others mentioned here.

Also, a REAL FF movie, preferably with Annhilius as the villain.

Since two Captain American movies featured the Howling Commandos, I had hoped there would be a movie created for them (obviously sans Sgt. Fury). I pretty much stopped reading comics as an adult, so I'm not familiar with the characters introduced after the 1960s. Maybe there could be a movie with Doctor Fare and Hour-man, but I am sure there are better characters from which to choose in more recent comics.

I know we have the amazing Punisher series on Netflix, but I would love to see a movie (or a few) about the Punisher: War Zone comics arc. Loved them.

Also, I'd be 100% behind a Star Wars Rogue Squadron movie...

Todd McFarlane is making another Spawn movie (actually directing it. Should be entering full production soonish. They opened the casting office in January.), but it should be noted that he's claiming Spawn does not talk in the movie and is not actually the main character.

So, ya know, is it actually a Spawn movie at that point? Only Todd "I am mesmerized by tinfoil" McFarlane knows for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom