Coming into town for the Lions game (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hey guys. My wife and I are coming into town this weekend for the Lions game. We're staying right off Bourbon St. and I'm just trying to get some advice. On/around Bourbon St, where are your favorite places to eat? Favorite bars? Places to avoid?

Also, if any of you know the best way to try and get player autographs, please let me know as well. Thanks

I would avoid Bourbon St.

Also, the Carousel Bar at the Monteleone is nice.

Do you say to avoid Bourbon St. because of the shooting? Or is there another reason?

Avoid Bourbon St. because it sucks. Frenchman St is cool. Royal St. during the day is nice and the French Market is nice during the day as well. You're not going to get a real New Orleans experience hanging out on Bourbon St.

Locals say avoid Bourbon because it's touristy and they know cooler places. However, if you haven't been, go at least once. It's worth it just to see how it is so you know.

We're going to be in town for Sat and Sun night so we're on limited time - I just want to have the most fun and eat the best food possible! I appreciate all the advice from everyone thus far.

Do Bourbon street earlier in the evening, like 5-7pm. After that, avoid.

Frenchmen St is a great place to check out at night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom