Coming to America 2 (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coming to theaters next year

Love the movie. Is endlessly quotable but was anyone asking for this?

I’m not a huge fan of these 30 year later sequels
====================
As we impatiently wait for the sequel to Coming to America 2, it looks like the cast and crew have already kicked the ground running as the first exclusive photos of them on set have been leaked.

Reprising his role as Prince Akeem, Eddie Murphy was spotted wearing a royal costume and holding what looked like a script.

Arsenio Hall, who also played Semmi, Morris, Extremely Ugly Girl and Reverend Brown in part one was also spotted completely transformed into the Rev. Brown character, Metro reports........

F06620A8-9A35-4A74-B533-EB24FDCA9E87.jpeg
83ED0B6F-9055-41A5-BE04-32C70F33FDFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reverend Brown, give it up for Reverend Brown - he's been my reverend since I was a little boy. It feels so lovely to be in here tonight, what a beautiful audience, give yourselves a round of applause. And while you're in the clappin' mood, I'd like to get a big hand for my band, Sexual Chocolate. Tastes so fine, don't you agree?

Reverend Brown, give it up for Reverend Brown - he's been my reverend since I was a little boy. It feels so lovely to be in here tonight, what a beautiful audience, give yourselves a round of applause. And while you're in the clappin' mood, I'd like to get a big hand for my band, Sexual Chocolate. Tastes so fine, don't you agree?

This movie still cracks me up as much as the first time I saw it so many years ago. I was always fascinated that Murphy and Hall both played multiple characters in the movie. The barber shop scenes...so good.

Do. Not. Want.

Messing with another comedy classic, and nowhere to go but down.

When my kids say something was "good" I can't help myself and reply "good n terrible".
Whenever Ben Watson made a big play for the Saints, I would scream, "Mr Benjamin Watson!" in a really bad Rev Brown voice(yes, I know the character's first name is actually Randy). I'd also throw in some "Sexual Chocolate" and "That boy good!"

Sadly, I had to explain the reference to a fellow Saints fan/friend that I watch games with. I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Oh, and yeah, count me among those that don't want this sequel.

From "I tied my own shoelaces once" to "First of the month" to "Mortimer...we're back" to "Mewchamad Ali", the original is solid gold. Leave it for the ages!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom