Coming to America 2 (2 Viewers)

I like how they still worked in the Duke brothers.
I was disappointed that Daryl didn't make an appearance (or did I miss it). Morgan Freemans funeral speech was money..
And Arsenio Hall did not age well.
i chuckled when he jost said his dad was named mr. duke, then the pan over to the painting

And Arsenio Hall did not age well.

I haven’t seen the sequel, but in every single youtube interview ive seen over the past few days with Arsenio, all the comments talk about how they can’t believe he’s 65.. a lot of them say he looks like he’s still in his 30s.. Jimmy Kimmel, Howard Stern, etc .. and i agree, in the interviews this week, he looks super young fwiw.

But there is no way on earth they could capture the essence of the first. the original was off the charts funny. the only way this sequel is even close to being in the same universe is it it's done right after.

Damn..
That Zamundan Palace in ‘Coming 2 America’ Is Rapper Rick Ross’ Real-Life House
Screenshot_20210305-231753.png

But there is no way on earth they could capture the essence of the first. the original was off the charts funny. the only way this sequel is even close to being in the same universe is it it's done right after.

One of the funniest things about the original was the Soul GLO commercial. Easy joke to make in 1988 that would be hard to make in 2021. Jheri Curl's are gone and the insult humor that surrounded the hair style in the 80's and 90's went bye bye with it. It was just a ridiculously flamboyant hair style that was funny because of all the product that was in the hair. I once saw a girl turn a boy down after he dropped some pick up lines on her and she said, "Nah uh, I'm not dating a boy with a greasy ___ Jehri Curl. We all busted out laughing, this was back in school in the 90's tho.

the only reference to Soul Glo in the new movie (that I caught) was there was a bottle of it on the counter at My T Sharp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom