Coming to NOLA (1 Viewer)

Thedane

Rookie
Reaction score
The tickets are ordered for my 1-month road trip in the US and as a European Saint, visiting New Orleans is a must. Unfortunately, I'm not coming until May 17, so there is no Football for me in the Superdome (this time) - but can someone recommend what's worth seeing in NOLA?

I'm for sure going to see Bourbon Street, Oak Alley, The Superdome and I hope for a quick stop in Baton Rouge to see Tiger Stadium, but what else is a must see in NOLA? What do you have to experiences in New Orleans?

Geaux Saints!

The National World War II Museum, New Orleans Museum of Art, Audubon Zoo, take a tour of St Louis Cemetery No1 and see the crypt of Marie Laveau, take an airboat swamp tour and see the environmental side of the area, Preservation Hall, cruise through some of of SR's pages on best restaurants to visit or I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions in that realm. IIRC the New Orleans Jazz in the Park Festival is held in May each year, along with Mid-City Bayou Boogaloo. The New Orleans Wine & Food Festival is, I believe, May 27th 2017, if you'll be here that late in the month.

How long are you in NO for? The Bayou Boogaloo xpuma20x mentions is on May 19th-21st, so that could be worth checking out if you're there for a few days.

More generally, Frenchmen Street should definitely be on the list for some great local music, and Willie Mae's for some great fried chicken.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will for sure take them into consideration.
We are only in New Orleans for 3-4 days I think in the beginning of the month, unfortunately.

Is anyone here on the website Couchsurfing? We thought about getting a hotel/motel, but thought it would be a better experience to maybe stay with someone - even just for at single night - to meet some locals and get that experience. We are both very polite, fluent in English and I would be able to discuss Saints topics all night long.

Or if there is a Saints fan who wouldn't have a problem hosting a Saints fan from Denmark and his friend a night or two in Los Angeles, San Fran or New York :9:
We are also going to spend some days in those cities

there's usually some funky festivals within an hour's drive or so - you might be able to check out some cajun culture as well

The tickets are ordered for my 1-month road trip in the US and as a European Saint, visiting New Orleans is a must. Unfortunately, I'm not coming until May 17, so there is no Football for me in the Superdome (this time) - but can someone recommend what's worth seeing in NOLA?

I'm for sure going to see Bourbon Street, Oak Alley, The Superdome and I hope for a quick stop in Baton Rouge to see Tiger Stadium, but what else is a must see in NOLA? What do you have to experiences in New Orleans?

Geaux Saints!

First time to The Big Easy? Did you botch the "metric to imperial" conversion and end up with the spring trip, instead of the fall? :D

Yeah it's my first time in big Easy
Apparently there is some festival while we are there. Is the "New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival" a great experience?

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just make sure your follow-up visit is between September - December. Then again, going there for the playoffs is pretty sweet too. ;)

Yeah I wish I would go here in the fall, but couldn't make that happen :(
Is there a Saints fan shop somewhere in the city where I can buy a new Saints jersey and maybe a souvenir or two? :9:

Yeah it's my first time in big Easy

Please don't call it that when you're here.

Apparently there is some festival while we are there. Is the "New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival" a great experience?

It is - although it's not for everyone. It's crowded and hot, but you can see some amazing music and eat some great food if you can tolerate the rest of it. The good side is the city will be filled with people and there will be tons of other things going on - particularly music at night. Also likely is that many of the "tourist" things you want to do will be quite crowded and restaurants will be full. Get reservations early!

Is there a Saints fan shop somewhere in the city where I can buy a new Saints jersey and maybe a souvenir or two? :9:

Black and Gold shop in Metairie and the Saints store in the dome keeps regular hours all year, I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom