Coming up quick on Total Access, "Saints to hire Rob Ryan" (1 Viewer)

honestly, with payton off all season last year. im sure he watched A LOT of college ball... maybe evne went to georgia and met with the guy. he mightve been paytons guy since about week 4 when we were 0-4. his nfl punishment didnt go to the college ranks too did it?

Sean was not allowed to go to any college games or have contact with college personnel either.

Anybody but me think the delay in signings be of these guys boils down to not only maybe money but final say so on incumbent coaches and players? You know Payton is super loyal to Vitt and he brought in Bill Johnson. Maybe Ryan or the DC from UGANDA want to bring in their own guys and Payton is resistive over it. Maybe they want more final say and after what GW did Sean isn't budging on having more say in the defense.

Seems like the Saints are playing each guy off of the other in an attempt to lower the asking price. We know that there is a budget for the coaching staff. When GW was hired Payton had to reach into his own pocket. Maybe Payton isn't wanting to do that again.

I think Ryan will be signed soon, it is possible the third mystery candidate doesn't even exist and is being used for leverage to hurry Ryan into a deal by the weekend. The Grantham interview makes sense, I imagine they talked a whole lot about the read option, might not be out of the question he could be brought on but not as D/C.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom